• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My melting pot of a bag

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I just realized as I was editing my signature that I have one great melting pot of a bag. I must not be as brand loyal as I thought I might be.

I have a Titleist driver, TM 3-wood, Nike 5-wood, Nickent hybrid, Mizuno irons, Titleist wedges, and a Callaway (Odyssey) putter.

Anyone else as screwed up, unbiased, open-minded, liberal, and tolerant as I am when it comes to clubs, or are you the loyal, bigoted type?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Ping driver, TM fairways/irons/wedges, Adams hybrids, YES! putter in the bag.

Callaway driver/fairways, Toski irons, Bullseye putter backups.

Extra TM driver.

Wanting Mizuno irons.

Name isn't as important as whether or not I like them. The TM fairways may be gone soon, replaced by some other brand.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Titleist driver, Cobra 3W, TM hybrids, Mizuno irons, Cleveland wedges and a Snotty putter. Not too loyal I guess.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I wouldn't say brand loyal throughout the bag but I do prefer some certain manufacturers for certain club types. I'm finally happy with my current bag. A 907 may replace the 905 but that's all the changes I see happening this year. (except maybe a reshaft here or there :D )

HighTopFade

Sep 1, 2006
Screw being brand loyal. At this point, I'll try anything with great craftsmanship and performs well. But for sure, irons must have chrome heads, must have Cleveland wedges, a Scotty putter, and a Ping bag.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I guess im bigoted and brand loyal, only Taylormade and Titleist in my bag. Although I have both Titleist/Taylormade driver/fw wood (have 905S, r7tp, v-steel, 980F), I will ONLY use Titleist wedges, and only my SC putter (unless i can find something better/as clutch as i am with this).

Irons im a little diff on, ill use anything that works. But im guaranteeing now my next set wont be taylormade because they are soooooo $$$! Currently looking at Mizzy, Bridgestone, and Titleists.

kow_ciller

Master of the 3-putt
Mar 3, 2005
I'm not too brand loyal, but i DO pretty much stick with TM drivers. Everything else is all kinds of other brands.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Ping irons and putter
Taylor made driver
Sonartec 3 wood
Mizuno wedge 53
Cleveland wedge 58
Titleist spin milled 56

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Cleveland
Tour Edge
Mizuno
Odyssey

Not too bad, I guess. I did have an all Callaway/Odyssey bag at one time. Including the bag.

R35

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
As you can see in my signature I like Ping irons and just "happened" to find the Ping Rapture driver worked best for me. Other clubs are a mixture. I'm only LOYAL to what works for me. Nothing is guaranteed a spot in the lineup if a rookie can outplay it. :D

SunnyDaze

Dec 11, 2006
SV2 Nike Sasquatch knockoff driver
Callaway 3 and 5 woods
Adams hybrid
Miura irons
Cleveland wedges
Scotty Cameron putter
Titleist umbrella
Ogio bag (looking at a Sun Mountain now)
Two Ball retriever

I like my irons to be the same look, and the wedges to be the same look, but don't really care about anything else as long as they work.

artfulgolfer

Jan 8, 2007
cut from the same cloth... see signature...

Nike, Orlimar, Nike, Ping, Ben Hogan, Taylor Made...

🔥 Latest posts