• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My melting pot of a bag

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
I don't mind about the brand as much as how it looks at address. If a club is bad on the eyes, it'll be bad on the course for me. I do like Titty drivers and wedges and will probably stick with them for a while and for upgrades. Irons, well, nothing feels like a Mizuno. I have Mizuno, Titleist, TaylorMade, Skymax and Bettinardi in my bag.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I guess I was pretty brand loyal to Ping. At one point my putter was the only "Non-conforming" Ping club in my bag, now it is getting pretty diverse. If I were to do irons again they would likely be Mizuno, and I am possibly considering a new 3w as it appears almost as cheap to buy either a Cleveland Launcher, or possibly TM V-Steel with a graphite shaft at $99, than it would to reshaft my G2 3w. Although I am eying an NVS shaft, so unless I find one better on a cheap Launcher or Vsteel I still may reshaft. The thought has also crossed my mind to pick up an original Tight Lies with a Stiff shaft for $29. I used to hit those well when I played regular flex.

So at this point my G2 Driver and Ping Tour Wedges are the only Ping products that will likely be assured a spot in my bag through the year. Although it is also likely at least 50~50 that the irons may stay at this point. I still have the G2 3w, 5w, and 7w, which may or may not make an appearance in my bag over the next year.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
Taylor Made driver, Cobra 3 wood, Nike Hybrids, Wilson Irons, Titleist and Wilson wedges, and a Ping putter.

Mors Ab Alto

Aug 28, 2006
I'm "THAT" Guy: A "Mors Ab Alto" Rant

Ok, I have to be the weirdo of the forum. For some ungodly reason, I have always been brand loyal. From the first set of Wal-Mart Wilson clubs-in-a-box that I bought, I have always played with every club made by the same company (not including putters). I had the entire Wilson Deep Red and Deep Red II Tour sets (Driver 3 wood, 5 wood, 3-LW), then when I received a free R7 driver, I felt I HAD to get the entire bag filled with TM (plus I like club ho'ing).

I was contemplating switching from the oversize, game improvement irons I have now to a more "blade like", less offset "player's" set, but I also made it a point that I would find a driver of the same brand that I liked, or else the irons wouldn't go in the bag. The wedges, FW and hybrids would then be by default.

I know this is the stupidest way to choose clubs, especially for a single digit handicap who knows how important the right clubs are, but for me it's all about confidence. And somehow, having a bag full of the same top brand clubs gives me confidence. I know it makes no sense, but it's kind of my OCD, I suppose.

I have seen those guys on the range who have a bag of sweet gear but couldn't tell a flop shot from a cow flop. I also have 4 guys that I regularly play with who are just like me:
My friend Adam:smilie_tm is a fellow TM guy, even his nasty Rossa Monza putter.
Mike :smilie_ti is a Titleist disciple
Mark :smilie_pi is a Ping guy (even went so far as to special order Ping gloves from Ecuador and Japan, since they don't sell them here in the States) and Jason :smilie_cl is into Cleveland (big Vijay Singh fan).

So it's obvious that I play with jerks who, like me, enjoy this kind of thing. I know most will say this is something that bigheaded amateurs do, but I like to think that all of us are good players (only Jason isn't a single handicapper). I wish I could change, and I know that even pros tend to play different brands of clubs, but something in me won't let it happen. Man, do I need help!
:faintthud

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
TaylorMade Woods. Mizzy Irons. My wedges are the mish-mash. TM, Callaway, Ping, Mizuno(PW), and a 2Ball.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online