• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My new BIG DOG, and its in the bag (for good?) - PICS

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Neat, Lyle!!! Really looks like you do good work. I know you just moved, but have you ever considered a move to Kansas?? Would be great to have someone with your expertise out the back door. I owe you a big thumbs up on your other thread with the pictures of your new shop. What a great workshop you have. I am so envious.

Have you had the Apache in the 200 all three years? That's a pretty tip stiff shaft, isn't it? (Oh, are those mirror shots or are the clubs actually built backwards???? LOL)

Again, great work!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
How did you get a club with such a light shaft to have a swingweight of D4.5? Is that a trait of the TP head or some way of weighting the head?

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
limpalong where in kansas are you located? nice to finally have someone else here

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
How did you get a club with such a light shaft to have a swingweight of D4.5? Is that a trait of the TP head or some way of weighting the head?

The 1/2 inch extra length adds 3 swing weight points. Plus the shaft is only about 10 grams lighter than normal, and you only lose/gain one swing weight point for every 9 grams of shaft weight.

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Have you had the Apache in the 200 all three years? That's a pretty tip stiff shaft, isn't it? (Oh, are those mirror shots or are the clubs actually built backwards???? LOL)

The apache is great, it is also a no hook special. Light, flexible but not hook prone, this was main goal of the apache design.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I've been looking at that shaft with great interest. I'm also looking at driver heads so it might be a next summer "project". (Man I have to have a club with that lime green shaft in it!!) :D

(If that shaft can make a R7 hit straight it's a good shaft) :D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Someone put the clubhead on backwards. :)

Nice clubs though, both of them

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I've been looking at that shaft with great interest. I'm also looking at driver heads so it might be a next summer "project". (Man I have to have a club with that lime green shaft in it!!) :D

Dana Upshaw is running a "special" on the Limey with the Maltby CT250 driver head. He's selling a bunch of them. He had me hit his personal one while I was there for my fitting session and I was almost blinded by the color. :)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Dana Upshaw is running a "special" on the Limey with the Maltby CT250 driver head. He's selling a bunch of them. He had me hit his personal one while I was there for my fitting session and I was almost blinded by the color. :)

SiberianDVM

Not to be stupid but who's Dana Upshaw? Also, if you hit it what did you think of it? :D

Oops never mind on Dana. Top golf club guru in Georgia.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Hmm, what are the differences between the series'? I am looking for a new shaft for my hibore, thinking about a graman or a accuflex. However, for under 40 bucks, this doesnt sound bad, even if i hate it.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
What is the loft of your driver? Is that shaft a mid or low kick shaft?? What kind of ball flight do you get out of it?

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Originally posted by JEFF4i: Someone put the clubhead on backwards.
I was thinking the same thing, Jeff. Nice looking clubs though...........and that lime shaft has my interest.:)

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
What is the loft of your driver? Is that shaft a mid or low kick shaft?? What kind of ball flight do you get out of it?

9*
Mid kick
Fairly high flight, but flattens nicely and carries like mad (at least the 10 I hit outside did in 31* weather)

Put a ul640 in my GEEK dotcomthis last night, will hit it on tuesday.

🔥 Latest posts