• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My new business plan

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Dave you need to stop drinking Stella it's way to strong for you!!!

.....a Wanker is somebody who loves sex but can't find anybody to have it with so has to indulge on his own!!! Look it up in the Oxford dictonary and there is a picture of Dave enjoying himself!!!

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I have had 3 emails asking me to restore their putters, all from the US. I think you lot have been watching Seinfeld for to long.

VT, we proably disagree but here goes, the other place is one end of the spectrum, this is the other. I would prefer something in the middle, this place would be better if it was a bit busier and lightened up a little, I do like it though.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Dave you are priceless and cruel in equal measure :laugh:

Keep taking the tablets

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
VT, we proably disagree but here goes, the other place is one end of the spectrum, this is the other. I would prefer something in the middle, this place would be better if it was a bit busier and lightened up a little, I do like it though.

I admit that I read much more than I post anymore. I try to stay out of the opinion threads unless I am talking with people that I know. I just find that lately this place seems to have more threads being locked up, more insults etc.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Hmm, maybe they are just trying to encourage traffic. Nothing kills a forum more than no visitors. Heated opinions can keep a place alive, no traffic will kill it. I know its a fine line, but most people go into forums to fill a few minutes and read stuff. When they become love-ins for the regulars they are dead in the water. Q the regs then moaning 'its not the same' etc etc etc blah blah blah.

This is a good forum, it just needs to be busier, and letting a few rows and heated debates take place MAY be the answer. Just my 2p

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
ps VT thats not aimed at you or anyone personally, just generally. I've been in forums for 11 years now, starting with Scoobynet in the UK, I even moderate one myself, but unfortunately it only has 11 members.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Hmm, maybe they are just trying to encourage traffic. Nothing kills a forum more than no visitors. Heated opinions can keep a place alive, no traffic will kill it. I know its a fine line, but most people go into forums to fill a few minutes and read stuff. When they become love-ins for the regulars they are dead in the water. Q the regs then moaning 'its not the same' etc etc etc blah blah blah.

This is a good forum, it just needs to be busier, and letting a few rows and heated debates take place MAY be the answer. Just my 2p

There is a grain of truth to this.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
, I even moderate one myself, but unfortunately it only has 11 members.
That's Drunk Dave, Sober Dave, Sarcastic Dave, Smiley Dave, Dave Hogan, Wanker Dave, Early morning Dave, Serious Dave, American Dave, British Dave and Eric (who is really Dave's Alter Ego)!

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
He even has a satellite channel after him now.

The Dave Empire is growing.

Could be right about the in-fighting stuff, on another forum I frequent there has been a bit of that lately - some like it, some hate it but it does generate traffic. No one should take forum banter too seriously, I don't take any offence from Dave's listing, I just thought it was funny :laugh: and very close to home :real angry: in equal measure.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I don't take it seriously at all... just not what motivates me to come to the site that's all.

I wish Bravo would post more often.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Its a double edged sword. The busier a forum gets the more likely you are to have infighting. More people = more opinions = more traffic = more problems.
Its a fine line. This forum has been real quiet lately, largely due to winter imo.
I miss a lot of the regulars who use to post frequently. Guys like Jeff, Bravo, demon, all seem to have moved on for the most part. Life on the net I guess.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Its a double edged sword. The busier a forum gets the more likely you are to have infighting. More people = more opinions = more traffic = more problems.
Its a fine line. This forum has been real quiet lately, largely due to winter imo.
I miss a lot of the regulars who use to post frequently. Guys like Jeff, Bravo, demon, all seem to have moved on for the most part. Life on the net I guess.

Yep, life moves on. We have a motto in our little club in the UK.................

NEXT!

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I have sensed some hostility in Dave's threads in the past, but this one tends to be on the gentle side.

Dave is making progress.

🔥 Latest posts