• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

MY NEW CLUBS...THEY ARE SWEEEEET!!

AaA

Feb 22, 2005
Ok, so here are the new additions to my bag:

3W: Titleist 906F2
Hybrid: Nickent 3DX DC 17*

I tried the Titty 585H, Ping Rapture, Mizuno, and Nickent of course.

I hit the Mizzy first and had mixed feelings about it. Overall, it felt ok. I had some good shots but the feeling wasn't there for whatever reason. Maybe it was the shaft, who knows. But I had a few other clubs to try, so I wasn't too worried.

The Rapture felt really nice. It's a beautiful looking club and feel and sound was great. It flew nicely, nice and high with a soft landing. Exactly what I was looking for from my club search.

The Titty felt and sounded great. Great set up and long off the deck. I think the length was primarily due to the fact that it was the strongest loft out of the four. I think a 19* where as the others were 20*, I believe. I felt confident with it and seemed to be able to control it fairly well. It got away from me on a couple of trys but so does every club!

The Nickent was next and I would have to echo the same feelings as the Titty and the Rapture. It was smooth and I had to put little effort into it. The distance was not as far but I asked for stronger loft and they had one! I ended up getting the 17* to maximize distance so I can have some coverage around 225 yds or so.

The biggest reason I choose the Nickent was the price. I paid $75 brand new!! I didn't take note of the Rapture's price, but the Titty was 200 plus. If they were all the same price, I'm not sure which club I would have got. They were all quite nice.

The 906F2 is amazing. I love this thing. Longest 3W I ever had. I had a really good range session today, at least with my driver, woods, and Nickent. My irons started off good, but slipped a bit, then ended ok. But I was hitting my 906F2 up to the net (240 yds) with very consistent regularity. The weather out here was great today, 50 degrees and sunny and my swing felt very free and relaxed. The ball just fires off the face. Feel and sound are remarkable.

The only issue, which will just require more practice I suppose, is that I had a hard time drawing the 906 and Nickent. It was either straight or fade. I guess I shouldn't complain about that! My fades feel a lot more controlled and look like a fade and not a slice. I'm very pleased.

I'm sticking with the 983 for now (I think I've said this about a dozen times!!). I didn't demo any drivers as my focus was on a hybrid selection but hitting my driver today just re-affirmed how well I can really hit it. Until I spend a significant amount of time hitting several drivers when my swing is "on", I think the K will stay. I think I might actually see some 260+ yd shots with my 3W off the tee this year and if that is the case, I'm not worried about driver. I hit several shots with the K way up on the net and my misses were making it to the net no problem.

I'm excited about getting out for the first time this year. Hopefully in a couple of weeks or sooner. I love the new clubs and they are definitely going to improve my game.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Your bag is starting to look really nice! Welcome to Team Nickent, value and performance. That is a great price for a DC.

OP
A

AaA

Feb 22, 2005
Thanks, Clug. I'm stoked to have it. It really is an easy club to hit. Talk about inspiring confidence.

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
I just went to swing some hybrids, looking for to upgrade and whatnot.

REALLY liked the Nickent, but it was well over $100... something like 140-ish I think. I had read they could be had for under $80 so Ididn't buy it.

Nice club though. I hit the 20* and 17* I believe and theyb both hit well. For me I think I'm kicking around between these and the Heavenwoods, which I also really liked. Gonna have to go back for a second look next week.

OP
A

AaA

Feb 22, 2005
I just went to swing some hybrids, looking for to upgrade and whatnot.

REALLY liked the Nickent, but it was well over $100... something like 140-ish I think. I had read they could be had for under $80 so Ididn't buy it.

Nice club though. I hit the 20* and 17* I believe and theyb both hit well. For me I think I'm kicking around between these and the Heavenwoods, which I also really liked. Gonna have to go back for a second look next week.

The Nickent is a winner for sure. And the price is simply unbeatable. I don't think you'll regret the purchase. Good luck!

🔥 Latest posts