• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My new clubs

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Good looking sticks TTR. Need to hear to post Honeymoon comments once you've gamed them for a while.

Me too IG. From testing, I think I will have a mighty set of irons. The feeling of consistently flushing the Z-545 test club was a treat.

I've only had two (long) lessons in the last couple of weeks, since restarting golf training. At my last session, my teaching pro was very happy with my set up, plane and angles at impact, particularly after such a long break from the game (about 18 months).

The one piece of homework I have is to practice coming through on the shot more. When I don't, I catch the ball a bit lower on the face causing a slightly thin shot.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
As promised, here they are in my bag. Got them today.
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1445430945.916590.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1445431029.341985.jpg

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
What are the white dots on the driver and 6?? iron? Does that hook up to some software?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I came SO close to getting these irons (Z545 only). SO CLOSE. But after hitting the Ping S55's I went with them. And the big kicker that finalized the deal for me was the material of the S55's (stainless steel) vs. the softer steel in the forged clubs. Made me think the Pings would last longer. But damn those Srixon's are pretty!! Good choice. ;)

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Speaking of new clubs...I love my Mizzys and I don't think they will be leaving the bag but I really like the look of the new cast Srixon's and Bridgestone's. Anyone hit these yet?

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Speaking of new clubs...I love my Mizzys and I don't think they will be leaving the bag but I really like the look of the new cast Srixon's and Bridgestone's. Anyone hit these yet?

What cast Srixon's? The z-line is all forged.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online