• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My new golf ball. :)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!

We have a winner here, folks. A brand new ball that is oustanding.

It's long off the tee. I hit several over 275 yards yesterday and I'm old and puny. You young studs should be able to hit it over 320 yards, easy.

It's straight. Every one of the drives I hit with it yesterday was as straight as an arrow. I'm not counting the 3 wood I hit off the deck that sliced into the trees. I just had that club reshafted and it was my first swing with it. Blame Rock. :D

It's soft. Feels like butter coming off all the clubs. Great feel.

It's durable. I played 9 holes with the same ball. Looks brand new.

It's relatively cheap. I think. At least that's what they are advertising, but since I can't find it anywhere, I don't know for sure. If anyone finds a good online deal, please let me know. I got these 2 balls free as a trial.

It's the Maxfli Tour Fire.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Better stock up. It'll be discontinued in six months...:real angry:

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Ain't that the truth! Maxfli is terrible about discontinuing their good balls. And since JD isn't playing worth a darn, it may be sooner than 6 months. Oh well, maybe they will go on sale. :)

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
I only saw them start mentioning this ball even existed over the last week or so - a feature on The Golf Channel, I think - so I'd assume it's literally just hitting the shops.

In fact, looking at the press release on their website it looks like it was officially released last week, and put in the shops a week or so before.

Does look a bit like a few months of selling the original 'Fire' as 'the ball John Daly uses on the tour' before unleashing the REAL ball he's been using, knowing it could kill sales of the cheaper version...

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
The only place I have found the Tour Fire online is Golfsmith: $29.99 for 12. Regular Fire is $19.99 for 12.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
The only place I have found the Tour Fire online is Golfsmith: $29.99 for 12. Regular Fire is $19.99 for 12.

I'd like to get a two-ball pack and try them out....maybe I can run down there today and see if they have that.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I'd like to get a two-ball pack and try them out....maybe I can run down there today and see if they have that.

Before you buy some, go to the maxfli.com website and see if they are still giving some away.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Doc how does it look hitting the water?...WET?!?!hehehe

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Doc how does it look hitting the water?...WET?!?!hehehe

Arr, arr, arr. I'm not as dumb as I look. I played at a course that only has water on 2 holes, but I did successfully get over the water on both. :D

So there.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Arr, arr, arr. I'm not as dumb as I look. I played at a course that only has water on 2 holes, but I did successfully get over the water on both. :D

So there.

doc, is the link that i posted above the right one??? it says they are out for today, do they reset the number of packs they have to give away at midnight, or is that just some lying message to get me to come back??

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
doc, is the link that i posted above the right one??? it says they are out for today, do they reset the number of packs they have to give away at midnight, or is that just some lying message to get me to come back??

Both. :)

I had to try several times before I got in. Kinda like my first girlfriend. But it was worth it. :D

🔥 Latest posts