• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My new golf ball. :)

Jun 24, 2006
Taylormade just sent us an info card thing to put into the taylormade catalog for 2007. That frigging binder is huge now. I read it over but I dident see a price.

"How do you make a ball go so far yet feel so soft" - John daly.

I dont think we will be stocking them.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Hello everyone..... found this board searching for info on the Maxfli Fire Tour. I picked up a dozen.... and love them. They do everything I want them to do, and I got them for only $22.50 a dozen. (the shelf tag said $29.99)

Has the discontinue process begun?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Just got my 2-ball pack Saturday!! :D (But I had already bought a dozen).... They are good balls. I think right up there with the others in most regards. Didn't find them longer then Nike Ones, B330's, ProV1x's etc but right there. :D

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I finally "retired" the Maxfli Tour Fire that I played for 72 consecutive holes. Went into the woods many times but always came back out, and never ever once went into the water. :D So there.

I "retired" it by hitting it at the range with my driver: 270 yards straight down the middle.

This really is a good ball, and I hope none of you guys ever play it, because I need all of the help I can get.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Last round I hit a 3 iron on a 190 yard uphill par three... a little into the wind, that was tracking all the way with my customary little fade on it. Took one hop, another short hop, and GRABBED the green about 15 feet away. I hit it perfect, but these balls perform when you perform.

I like them so much, I had to put them in my avatar.....

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
I played with a sleeve of these the other day, and really liked them - I was hoping to save them for another day and a less hilly course, but considering we must have lost over 100 balls in our group of 8 they got a bit of an early try-out!

I really liked them, thought they had great feel and predictability, and would have no hesitation in playing them at all. After all my months on here as an advocate of the Bridgestone e5 and e6, the Tour Fire was enough of a ball for me to decide that the $5 extra to by the Maxfli over the Bridgestone was not only justifiable but a bargain, as the Tour Fire felt very much a step up from those or the NXT series balls.

The only sad thing was that on the round before I'd played a sleeve of Maxfli Black Max balls that I'd picked up for a couple of dollars, and they were one hell of a ball. Why did they ever discontinue those? And why did I not try them sooner, when they were still on sale??? :(

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I have played both the Black Max and the Tour Fire, and IMHO, the Tour Fire is a better ball. I have not found a ball at any price that I like better.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
While I criticized the D2 in my review for various reasons and could not bring myself to play them, I did have a chance to try out the Maxfli Fire Tour while up at Niagara Falls based on the reviews of others on here, and I am sold. I just bought 10 dozen of them on the way back from the falls at 2 dozen for $40. They are my new favorite ball for what I will spend, and not far below the Pro-V1 or HX Tour for what I like all cost aside. One of the softer and more durable balls that I have found. I like a softer golf ball, and have always been a big fan of Maxfli golf balls, and this one did not let me down.

Now if I could only figure out the difference between the Tour and regular version? I figure for as much as I liked the tour, I didn't really want to chance the regular version.

Will be a little more specific on my thoughts after I get a chance to play them on my home course in the next few weeks. Where we consider logo balls the ones with tree and cart path scuff marks.

This is the first time in 7 years I have been willing to part with more than $15 on a dozen of the clearance golf balls I regularly buy, outside of the dozen Pro-V1's I bought for our 4 day club championship that lasted the prior 2 weeks.

🔥 Latest posts