• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My new ride

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
No...this isn't a thread about MC's daughter...

It's about my new-to-me 2012 Ducati 848 EVO (not Corse as the bottom fairing suggests...) It was raining during my test drive, but this thing is absolutely amazing. I'm pumped to get some miles on this thing over the summer.

Drove down to Kansas City, about 8 hrs each way, to pick it up, ended up being about an 18 hour day. Trailer'd it back though...no way was I going to ride this thing 8 hours the first day getting on it.

Only picture I have so far is on the trailer - Once the weather gets better, I'll put some better one up.

swDi6ja.jpg

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
SWEET! I once drove 3.5 hours each way to buy/pick up a Trials Bike. Your drive was insane, but worth it!
This was the only red one I could find closer than Florida...good age, good miles, solid accessories.

I was going to buy a matte black one in Chicago suburbs, but I'm glad I held out for the red. Ducati and red are like fish and chips.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
This is my new ride (temporary while daughter is here). A Dodge Challenger SRT 392. 392 Hemi, 470 HP (factory before the 3/4 cam was put in). Factory specs are 12 second ET and 182 MPH top speed. 6-speed manual transmission. It is the most awesome thing I've ever driven. It's to the point of terrifying almost. I put some gas (premium) in it this morning and this guy got out of his car, his jaw dropped and he got this huge smile on his face and his eyes bugged out. Then I fired it up (it's loud). I want one for myself.

IMG_20180521_152439678.jpg

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country

It's about my new-to-me 2012 Ducati 848 EVO (not Corse as the bottom fairing suggests...) It was raining during my test drive, but this thing is absolutely amazing. I'm pumped to get some miles on this thing over the summer.

Drove down to Kansas City, about 8 hrs each way, to pick it up, ended up being about an 18 hour day. Trailer'd it back though...no way was I going to ride this thing 8 hours the first day getting on it.

Only picture I have so far is on the trailer - Once the weather gets better, I'll put some better one up.

swDi6ja.jpg
So how fast does this thing go?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country

swDi6ja.jpg

Sweet ride, have always liked those as well as the Monsters.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
So how fast does this thing go?

140hp, 430ish pounds, quarter mile is in the mid-low 10 second range, but drag racing isn't exactly what it's built for.

Top speed is sketchy...I've heard reports of guys showing indicated 181mph. Which is 8% high by factory, so actual should be in the mid 160's or so. I don't really plan on experiencing that. There are much faster bikes out there, but for the road, I think the 848 is almost perfect.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Daughter and son-in-law sold their bikes after he wrecked the last time. Took his through a barbed wire fence. Over 600 stitches where the wire caught his cheek at the corner of his mouth and opened it up clear past the eye socket. Plastic surgeon did a fantastic job but he'll have a scar for the rest of his life. Insurance paid them for his as it was totaled. She then sold her Can Am and has put her foot down about them having bikes.
Instead, they will stay with hunting and fishing. Built fence and a loafing shed this past weekend. They're buying 15 goats.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
You seem more like a "Harley" guy WI. :D
I have the Harley as well as the R1. Stock with the limiter the R1 was good for 180+, I re-geared it for better low end which affected the top end & it now tops out at 172. I have installed a speedo healer so it the speedometer reads dead nuts accurate.

As Clark said, the speed is cool but its in the twisties the real fun is to be had.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.