• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My "No-No Anniversary" is today...

three puttz

Mar 30, 2009
Back in 2007, the wife and I took a 4 day trip to Boston bc neither of us had ever been there...

Needless to say, I was not going to Boston without seeing a game in Fenway, so I paid WAY TOO MUCH for tix on stubhub... I'm not so much a Sox fan as a baseball fan and historian - I just wanted to be in the stadium at least once (FTR, I'm a Cubs fan... ok, enough laughing)

The date was exactly 2 years ago, 9/1/07, and we witnessed Clay Buchholz's no-hitter of the Orioles... by far the coolest live sports experience I've ever had... I swear that place felt like it was moving during the 9th inning (thus, the reason for my avatar pic)

Not that anyone here necessarily will give a hoot - just thought I'd share.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Fenway was a blast when I went to a game there a few years back. 1st base side, 3 rows up, it was AWESOME. Very cool historic place.

OP
three puttz

three puttz

Mar 30, 2009
Fenway was a blast when I went to a game there a few years back. 1st base side, 3 rows up, it was AWESOME. Very cool historic place.

It was awesome for sure... from the 6th on it was constant knots in my stomach...

Not to mention, before the game started I promised my wife we would leave after the 7th to beat the "T" crowd and get back to our hotel, which was in Woburn. Of course, I renegged on that with the no-no in progress... but she had no idea why we weren't leaving, and she kept asking me - but I couldn't tell her bc I didn't wanna jinx it!!! LOL

I kept saying, "I'll explain it later"... she had no clue what a no-hitter even was :faintthud

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Um........ I am a huge O's fan and I was at that game and the game the night before that we beat the sox. Stayed at the Westin and had sick seats right behind the visitors (O's) dugout for both games.

Great stadium but hate the team. :)

OP
three puttz

three puttz

Mar 30, 2009
Um........ I am a huge O's fan and I was at that game and the game the night before that we beat the sox. Stayed at the Westin and had sick seats right behind the visitors (O's) dugout for both games.

Great stadium but hate the team. :)

Our tix weren't nearly that good (halfway up the foul territory section that blends into the monster... but they still cost me a mint... still have our stubs too...

Even as on O's fan, you had to appreciate seeing a no-no, right?? That's once in a lifetime stuff.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Yeah.. it's about the historic stuff..

Like.. I was at Nolan Ryans last shut-out, and his last game when I lived in TX.

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
That's freaking awesome. Obviously, I'd like to go to every park, but since that likely won't ever likely happen, Fenway is the number 1 park I want to see a game at before it's gone. Probably followed by Wrigley even though I hate the Cubs (Astros fan through and through here).

The most memorable thing I witnessed at a ballgame was when the 'Stros clinched the division, I'm thinking it was back in '98, but I'm not sure. I remember people climbing down on to the field, and people were stealing the fake flowers that were past the wall in the outfield.

That's awesome though you got to see a no-no in probably the coolest stadium in the world.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.