• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Perfect Set, At Last

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
United States United States
Kept Ping g10, 12.5 degree driver (Wishon right about extra loft!). Of course, kept Mizuno MP-67 irons and I do not think newer models are their equals for the mellow contact. Went to four wedge system, with the MP67 pitching wedge and three Cleveland CG15 wedges, II series, 52, 56, 60 degrees. Went with a #4 fairway metal, Tour Edge Exotic XCG3 rather than my old Titleist 3 and 5's. Changed Mizuno hybrid for a #4 Tour Edge Exotic XCG3 hybrid. Finally, changed Odyssy putter for a Yes Valerie that I found at an Edwin Watts for $40 almost like new (it does roll as advertised and the weight is great, heaviest I have ever owned in 53 years of playing golf. Heavy is great for old geysers, I guess. )

I cannot tell you that I like any one of these 14 clubs better than the other 13.That is a great feeling. Since golf clubs is so subjective a subject (Duh?), I am not saying anyone would want to duplicate this set exactly, but one point of interest came up from this. So I now introduce the Cypressperch Number Four System for club selection. Four wedges, Four fairway metal, Four hybrid, irons start with Four iron. The results of having all these "4's" is a very versatile set (especially short game) with proper gaps between all clubs.

I can shape shots with all these clubs, but that is more true with the MP-67's than the others. This has worked out great, since most of my shaping is on iron shots anyway. My style of play is not about distance, but getting in position for irons to greens. The straighter hitting Ping and Tour Edge clubs have made this easier to accomplish.

If you get confused about what clubs to put in your bag, maybe this "Four" thing can help you too.

Sincerely, Cypressperch

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Just don't add four putts to it and you're gold.

🔥 Latest posts