• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My plan has gone to pot...

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
...I stumbled across a Cobra Speed Pro S with a reg Dianama Blue board in it for a bargain price. I picked it up with the intesions of pulling the shaft & installing the grafalloy BiMatrix Proto that I ho'd very cheap in a Mizuno MP001. I dropped them off this morning to have the work done but i got a phone call this afternoon to tell me that the shafts we're the wrong tip size to do the job. I was gonna put a Prolite shaft in the Mizzy and sell that to cover the cost of the BiMatrix and the Blueboard was gonna go to offset the price of the Speed Pro. Which would have left me with what I thought would be a great stick.

I asked them if they'd just pull the 2 shafts instead and I would pick them up tomorrow. Again I got a call back they left a message to say that they wouldn't be able to pull the BiMatrix without f*cking the Mizzy up due to the carbon crown.

Now I'm back to the drawing board. I'm gonna keep the Mizzy it's 11.5 degrees but with the BiMatrix it goes like a rocket just a little to high. Now I've got the Cobra Pro S and my FT5 Tour to sell to fund a new big dog. Also my Speed Pro D arrived yesterday it's so easy to hit straight but it's a lot shorter than the FT5 and probably the Mizzy as well so thats going back tomorrow for a refund.

Thinking either a Titty 907 D1 or a Taylor Made Burner TP but I'm open to suggestions on that one.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
This level of Ho-ing is just beyond my comprehension.:laugh:

I mean, I can understand Tim's "Ho and Stow" concept.

And I can begin to grasp Ezra's "what shaft should I get for this driver I just ho'd" method.

But this?

Leaves me feeling like a cross-eyed retard.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
This level of Ho-ing is just beyond my comprehension.:laugh:

I mean, I can understand Tim's "Ho and Stow" concept.

And I can begin to grasp Ezra's "what shaft should I get for this driver I just ho'd" method.

But this?

Leaves me feeling like a cross-eyed retard.

Tell me about it!!! I thought I was happy with the FT5 but then I managed to start drawing the ball again after 18 months with out any right to left ness from the tee and the draw bias has made that a little to much draw so thats gone. I currently have in my possesion 7 Drivers!!!
A cobra Speed pro D & S, FT5 Tour, Mizzy MP001, TM r7 original version, Titty 905R & A TEE. Not quite as bad as you may think. The FT5 is listed on Ebay, The TEE is sold just waiting for payment to clear, The R7 I ho'd to order for a friend as is the Titty & the Speed Pro D is going back tomorrow for a refund. Leaving me with only a Speed Pro S, which if I could have gotten the Bimatrix in would have been my gamer & the Mizzy which would have been sold. So right back to square one!!!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Tell me about it!!! I thought I was happy with the FT5 but then I managed to start drawing the ball again after 18 months with out any right to left ness from the tee and the draw bias has made that a little to much draw so thats gone. I currently have in my possesion 7 Drivers!!!
A cobra Speed pro D & S, FT5 Tour, Mizzy MP001, TM r7 original version, Titty 905R & A TEE. Not quite as bad as you may think. The FT5 is listed on Ebay, The TEE is sold just waiting for payment to clear, The R7 I ho'd to order for a friend as is the Titty & the Speed Pro D is going back tomorrow for a refund. Leaving me with only a Speed Pro S, which if I could have gotten the Bimatrix in would have been my gamer & the Mizzy which would have been sold. So right back to square one!!!

And so the world keeps turning....sometimes I think we Ho's are no better than druggies. Always looking for the quick fix. Pawning our goods to some unsuspecting stranger. Waiting like a kid at Christmas for the next shipment to arrive.

You gotta' love it.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
YES and I'm being pulled towards the Burner TP, could do with some input from those who have hit it, to push me over the edge.

I hit it. With a ProLaunch Blue shaft. Unfortunately, that particular demo shaft was wrong for my swing, but I could tell that I really liked that head. A LOT.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
R35 / Lyle, are they right about the tip sizes on the Mizzy and Cobra being different so the shaft out of the Mizzy wouldn't fit into the Cobra or are they talking sh*t???

MG is off on a hoing trip around the Bay back tomorrow evening with an update.....

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
the burner is a HAMMER. this has a solid 15 yards on my r7 425. i love it. the tp was great too, but not QUITE as forgiving as the retail. both are cannons.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
As mentioned in the "screwing up the Mizzy head" line, the guy probably was scared to pull the shaft to begin with, hence feeding you the line about them being different tip diameters.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
MG head to the Manchester Branch of Direct golf and hit all of their drivers. This will surely give you a rough idea of which one you want and then you can buy it on ebay. Presumably you'll want the prolaunch stiff shaft in it.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
MG head to the Manchester Branch of Direct golf and hit all of their drivers. This will surely give you a rough idea of which one you want and then you can buy it on ebay. Presumably you'll want the prolaunch stiff shaft in it.

Nice idea Ad but that would be to simple. Half the fun of Ho'ing is getting a club that you think might work then the buzz of getting the package and rushing down to the club or range to have a 1st bash with it. :)

Blind hoing is a passion. ;)

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Nice idea Ad but that would be to simple. Half the fun of Ho'ing is getting a club that you think might work then the buzz of getting the package and rushing down to the club or range to have a 1st bash with it. :)

Blind hoing is a passion. ;)
I completly understand I'm starting to look at drivers even though mine works perfectly ok. How much could I get for the r7????

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online