• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My round today

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Got to play some golf today. Walked on to Maryvale Golf Course ( a local muni) this morning. First off when I drove up i noticed that there was a wrecked truck halfway between the fence and the 18th green with police tape all over. I didn't expect much out of my round today and damn it if I didn't live up to expectations. Yesterday I just had the third and forth spinal epedural shots in my lumbar region (it's helping alot). The joy in the day was my playing partners. I joined a twosome of young (mid twenties) golfers. As it turned out both of them play on the local mini tours (mostly the Pepsi Tour), and these guys can really play. Most of the guys I play with are hackers like me and I earn the tee box honors about half the time, but not with these guys. One hole in particular was quite impresive from Tim (who shot a 69 today missing 4 makeable puts). On a dog leg left short par 4 around water his drive ended up under a tree limb with a small tree right in front of him (about 20 feet) directly in line to the green. I asked him what he was thinking he was going to try. he was about 135 out and he said he was going to hood a 5 iron and hit a riser through the small tree. I asked what? He said the tree was mostly air and it should work. Damn if that's exactly what he did. The ball went through the tree (clipping leaves only), hit just short of the green, rolled up and hit the pin finishing just 4 feet right. Made the putt for a birdie. Awsome. It was a lot of fun playing with guys who can really play, gave me new insight on how to play this game. Can't wait for my next round.

Golfanatic

Feb 22, 2012
Sounds like a good day.
I love getting grouped up with good players and watching them play.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
There's always some good lessons to pick up by playing with guys like them.

I remember playing with a single marker last year. The way he hit his driver was "point & shoot". He hit it over doglegs. Fantastic to see.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
"A tree is 90% air" is a ridiculous statement. When you're trying to hit something in a straight line through it, you have to compress all three dimensions into two. Under that circumstance, I'd say the tree is effectively 50% air, MAYBE.

he got lucky. When is the last time you saw a pro intentionally hit through a tree because it's "90% air"?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.