• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My round with the lady sales rep

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Yesterday afternoon I played hookey from work and played 18 at Forest Hills with Megan. She paid. :)

First, about Forest Hills: The white tees are 6335 yards, 70.5/126. The gold tees (where Megan played from), are 5529 yards 72.1/125. I had to tease her a bit to get her to play the golds, as she usually plays the reds.

The greens are what I call severe: very hard and fast, with large slopes, plateaus, and undulations. I have rarely had any full shot other than a wedge actually stay on the greens.

Anyway, we hacked our way around the front, both in 51 (ouch). On #9, a par 5, I was on the green in regulation, but 30 feet away from the pin. This green looks like the side of the Matterhorn, and the pin was at the peak. I 7 putted for a 10. Yes, a 10. Everytime I putted at the flag, the ball would roll back to my feet.

Then at the turn, I discovered the secret of relaxed golf: BEER! On the back 9, we each scored a birdie, Megan on a par 3, me on a par 5. Because the 4some in front of us was so slow, we asked the 2some behind us to join for the last 4 holes. They were 2 nice guys from Atlanta, and they said these greens were the toughest they had ever played, anywhere.

Anyway, poor round of golf, Megan beat me by 3, but she bought me dinner at Bonefish. :)

Golf is the greatest game in the world.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
So how does it feel to be a kept man.

Didn't you say you're 50. How can you just be discovering beer on the golf course. You gotta get out more. :p

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
In my defense, I work 6 days a week, and can usually play only on Sunday. You can't buy beer in Georgia on Sunday. :) I think I will start bringing some with me.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
SiberianDVM said:
In my defense, I work 6 days a week, and can usually play only on Sunday. You can't buy beer in Georgia on Sunday. :) I think I will start bringing some with me.

If the course you play allows it, having a small cooler is great. Assuming your riding that is. If we play 27 I pack enough waters for 18 and then some beer for the last nine.

Working 6 days a week sucks but if your gonna do it taking care of dogs is a worthwhile reason.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I don't know if the course alllows coolers or not, I'll check. I can probably get a 6 pak in my Ogio if I have to. :)

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Hmm, let's see.....5'6" tall, slim but curvy in the right places, beautiful face, nice tan, blond hair, green eyes, wearing forming fitting golf slacks, knit top & sweater.....

To tell you the truth, I didn't notice....I was too busy trying to outplay her. :D

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
SiberianDVM said:
Hmm, let's see.....5'6" tall, slim but curvy in the right places, beautiful face, nice tan, blond hair, green eyes, wearing forming fitting golf slacks, knit top & sweater.....

To tell you the truth, I didn't notice....I was too busy trying to outplay her. :D

You've got issues... :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
SiberianDVM said:

Well, what were you wearing? It's only fair that we ask....:D

R35

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Well, what were you wearing?

Well, it wasn't a kilt and I'm not shaving my legs. :D

Actually, I was wearing dark green golf slacks (with built in tee pocket and score card/yardage book pocket), a solid grey long sleeved silk knit golf shirt, a black belt (I debated wearing the python skin belt, but I felt it was a little over the top), and a tan Country Gentleman flat Hogan style hat. I brought along a dark blue sweater just in case, but by the time it got that cool, we were off the course.

What do you think? Too gay? :D

Members online

No members online now.