• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Scotty Cameron putter...

tlayton

Grip it and Rip it
Oct 19, 2007
I work at a body shop and we had a car come in to get painted. As I am taking it apart I notice a old putter in the back. It turns out it is a Cameron Laguna Midslant Pro Platinum. I couldn't believe it. When the lady comes to get her car I ask her if she could part with it. She said "Oh sure, that's just my grandson's putter when we go play putt putt, as long as you replace it with another putter." So I sprint to my bag, grab my $15 dunlop putter and swap em.

It is not in very good condition, I have cleaned it up and it still putts fine. I don't really like the feel of it yet but I'm trying to get used to it. One problem is that the putter face is slanted back so it makes all my putts jump off the face.

I don't know if I want to send it to the custom shop or sell it to buy a new putter. What would you do?

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
can't help but think she might have a pissed off grandson in the near future...how old was she? think her grandkid is old enough to actually play and know what it was?

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
I wouldnt think so if it was just used to play putt-putt. He saved it from a wasted life of yellow and orange golf balls. I would send it to the custom shop.

OP
T

tlayton

Grip it and Rip it
Oct 19, 2007
She was probably in her late 50's early 60's....I think she said her grandson is 7. So is it worth much? Would it be worth it to send it to the custom shop and put it up? Are they going to be worth much in the future?

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
exact putter i use. love it in all aspects. check my WITB thread for pics.

OP
T

tlayton

Grip it and Rip it
Oct 19, 2007
exact putter i use. love it in all aspects. check my WITB thread for pics.

Is it the midslant? The face of the putter is slanted back so the ball jumps when I putt it...Have any tips on how to use it more effectively, I feel like I don't get a good stroke with it

Could be the fact that the finish is worn off and it's kinda in rough shape

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
Is it the midslant? The face of the putter is slanted back so the ball jumps when I putt it...Have any tips on how to use it more effectively, I feel like I don't get a good stroke with it

Could be the fact that the finish is worn off and it's kinda in rough shape

Yup, it's a mid-slant. I never really had to adjust since my old putter had a similar hosel. I find it works very well with a forward press stroke (hands ahead of ball). Your problems are definitly nothing to do with the conditions of the putter. If you like it send it to the custom shop, if not buy something new and sell that. The PP Laguna Mid-Slant doesn't fetch a whole lot in re-sale value compared to some other Camerons. If it is in rough shape you'd be looking at 75-100 bucks probably. I got mine for 150 shipped almost mint...

1QUIK993

Oct 14, 2007
I work at a body shop and we had a car come in to get painted. As I am taking it apart I notice a old putter in the back. It turns out it is a Cameron Laguna Midslant Pro Platinum. I couldn't believe it. When the lady comes to get her car I ask her if she could part with it. She said "Oh sure, that's just my grandson's putter when we go play putt putt, as long as you replace it with another putter." So I sprint to my bag, grab my $15 dunlop putter and swap em.

It is not in very good condition, I have cleaned it up and it still putts fine. I don't really like the feel of it yet but I'm trying to get used to it. One problem is that the putter face is slanted back so it makes all my putts jump off the face.

I don't know if I want to send it to the custom shop or sell it to buy a new putter. What would you do?

Sent you a PM, I'd consider buying it from you, please let me know!

tristy

Jan 3, 2008
It's like FKA19 said, if you like it send it to the Cameron studio if not sell it and buy you another on eBay. I just bought a Studio Design 2.5 for $98 and it is in great condition; it will cost more than that to get one refinished. So, the real question is, can you putt with it?

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Yep, it only matters when you putt-putt how many you holey-holey, or the thing is just poo-poo.

🔥 Latest posts