• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My shortgame is back... how

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
My short game was pretty good today. 31 putts and a chip in. How? Opening up.

I've opened back up to my target with my chipping, allows my 50* wedge to pop the ball up onto the green and release with a square to open face. Distance control was very good today chipping.

I'd experimented with a grip where only my right hand gripping the putter, left was on the top of the grip, I putted shorter putts a lot better and could see the line. Then, it hit me, eureka... last week I started working on a routine where I'd take a few practice strokes with the right only grip, get over the ball open (like I was with the split grip) and simply move my left hand down to the double reverse overlap. Like a different guy putting today, 7 strokes better than my best in the last 10 rounds.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
you're gonna be scratch in no time. you'll have to give me stroke then.. :)

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
you're gonna be scratch in no time. you'll have to give me stroke then.. :)

I don't know about that but between the driving, chipping and putting I plan to put a little a$$ whoopin on you next time out.
icon10.gif
I need to after last round.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
I don't know about that but between the driving, chipping and putting I plan to put a little a$$ whoopin on you next time out.
icon10.gif
I need to after last round.

i am almost.. ALMOST tempted to say "ooooh daddy~" :ugly25:

BRING IT!

🔥 Latest posts