• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Sticks

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I won't use a 3 wood in a tournament. The risk, for me, out weighs the reward. My miss with a fw wood has a flight path that is similar to a frisbie.

I hook the ever living shit out of my current 3w. I don't know what it is. I think I swing it on a very shallow plane for some reason....can't do it. Hopefully I can work it out with a 4w.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I use my 4W from the tee on holes under 400 yards and on long approaches where I can get within 50 yards. If I can't get that close with my 4W or there is significant trouble then I will lay up.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I hook the ever living shit out of my current 3w. I don't know what it is. I think I swing it on a very shallow plane for some reason....can't do it. Hopefully I can work it out with a 4w.
Me too. You will still hook a 4w...it will just be on a higher trajectory. :) I have my 3w set at 16.5*, I think. The extra loft just allows the ball to curve ever farther left before it hits the ground, lol.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Find yourself a TM V-Steel. They can be had cheap and they are one of TaylorMade's best fairways.
Or a tour edge exotic's CB1. Should be able to find either for around $30-$40

DrBrown

Hack Numero Uno
Sep 2, 2005
Why is it that so many people hook their 3W?? I'm in the same boat. I hit my driver pretty straight with a 74 gram graffaloy. My 3W has an 82g and I still hit a very strong draw with it, even when trying to hit it with an open face. I think it's a conspiracy!! Some Scott is laughing in his grave thinking "those blokes will never hit that spoon straight!"

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I will hook my fairways a little when I use more of a sweeping swing. I get better results with a slight downward angle with a small divot.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Why is it that so many people hook their 3W?? I'm in the same boat. I hit my driver pretty straight with a 74 gram graffaloy. My 3W has an 82g and I still hit a very strong draw with it, even when trying to hit it with an open face. I think it's a conspiracy!! Some Scott is laughing in his grave thinking "those blokes will never hit that spoon straight!"

I think the wood look makes us swing flat like we swing our driver to get that upward angle of attack. I know when I'm getting steep with my driver because I start to fade the ball. When I force myself to get a little steeper with my 3w I stripe it. But I can only do this on the range with some practice. On the course no matter what it's a banana ball left.

DrBrown

Hack Numero Uno
Sep 2, 2005
Yeah that's a possibility. I actually never practice with my 3W off a tee, it's always off the deck to try to promote that compression. But it rarely works because I have WAY too much going on in my head during a swing. It makes me feel better a lot of you have the same trouble though.

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Today I will be playing only with a Nike 3 hybrid! RocketBallz irons 4 through gap wedge, Cleveland wedges 52 56 and 60 and a cleveland clasic 3 putter degrees

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
[Q UOTE="jhmeg2, post: 435933, member: 9734"]Today I will be playing only with a Nike 3 hybrid! RocketBallz irons 4 through gap wedge, Cleveland wedges 52 56 and 60 and a cleveland clasic 3 putter degrees[/QUOTE] why might I ask?

🔥 Latest posts