• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Swing :(

ecooke21

Sep 6, 2006
OP
E

ecooke21

Sep 6, 2006
i am currently adding more vids to wide divot please critique

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I'd like to help you out, but generally speaking I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

I don't think a short backswing is a huge deal. Shortening it because it gets wild beyond that (as you say) is actually a fantastic display of restraint and good thinking if you ask me. Most people I see just go ahead and hit it wild because they want their backswing to look like what they see on TV, and then we're tromping around in the woods looking for their ball (and mine, usually.)

I do see a big start with the shoulders on your downswing throwing you out of whack, but I can't tell you how to fix it. Everybody says "start from the ground up," but I'm sure you've already heard that so those words don't work. A good pro could probably help you figure that out in one lesson, assuming you can find a good pro. I've yet to find one myself, but I know they exist.

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
I'd guess you hit it thin alot, and have a left to right ball flight?

I'm no expert, just a 14 index, but I've got a good friend with a similar build and swing. Some things I noticed - The face on view shows alot of side-to-side movement. A slide/sway going back, then a bit of a lunge coming down. That alone will create huge inconsistency in where your swing hits the ground.

Not sure what it means or what to do about (maybe one of our experts can chime in) but you've got the club doing very different things going back (outside and flat) and coming down (inside and steep). I took some screen caps to illustrate.

ai43.tinypic.com_2me8ora.jpg

Short backswing is fine. Lots of guys play very well with a 3/4 swing. Look at Ken Duke and Tommy Armour III as examples.

🔥 Latest posts