• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My time to shine

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I finally met a major goal I've had for two summers now. I broke 40 twice now. Shot a 38 (in the fog on a new course), shot a 39 www.hawktree.com , and have had three 40's now. I also had my first 300+ yard drive at 321 (with roll, slightly downhill, with a 15 mph tailwind, but who's counting right?) At first I wanted to attribute it to my much improved chipping, putting, and then driving. That has something to do with it for sure, but I really believe now it was a mental block. I cannot explain it, but now that I know, I believe (sounds like an after school special!), and I expect it to happen. The biggest mental block I've overcome is learning to deal with a double bogey or two bogeys in a row, even to start a round. I've transformed those screw-ups into better holes by being determined to make up for them rather than dwelling on stupid mistakes and uncontrollable events (like my perfectly struck SW from 90 yds that came up 1 foot short and bounced backwards into the loooong grass surrounding a greenside bunker near a tight pin). I forgot about it and saved par. This begs the question - "how do I overcome mental blocks?" 1) Lessons = confidence that you're at least working on the right things. 2) Work on the right things. 3) Be fitted for the right equipment, even through trial and error if nothing else because this also exudes confidence. I've only had 3 or 4 lessons in my life, but they were appearantly invaluable.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
This game is so so sooooo mental. I find it incredible that once a goal is achieved, it can be easily repeated. Sometimes there is a huge reason why it happened, or it is just a quiet thing, and just did.

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Thank you gentlemen. I've had many peaks and valleys and worked pretty hard for this for two summers now so I appreciate the accolades. Par should be next eh.

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country

🔥 Latest posts