• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My trip to the simualtor with the Rombax

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Well, I finally hit the simulator with the driver that I bought from Ezra. My local course has an Aboutgolf simulator that they advertise a being extremely accurate.

I believe this to be correct, as the swing speed and ball speed numbers were lower than I thought! So far, so good. After hitting the range portion of the simulator, I quickly learned the personality of this Fuji. Oddly enough, it acts kind of like my wife. Its very beautiful, but it might get an attitude if you try to push it around (kind of like me, too!).
After forcing the first few and heeling them, I settled in and started making some good swings. Here of some of the number. (I kept a tally in my head, I should have gotten a printout)

Swing speed: 100-105.8 mph
Ball speed: 148-162 mph
Launch angle: 9.5 to 11 degrees
Spin rate: about 2700 rpm.
Smash factors of 1.4 to a high of 1.55:wow:

That smash factor number blows my mind. I thought 1.5 was about perfect. I don't know if maybe it was registering a lower SS or a higher BS, or if thats possible.

And the ever important driver carry numbers; (trumpet fanfare, dah, dah, dum!) 245 to 273 yards.

These carry numbers seem high for the swing speed numbers.

Anyway, the R5TP driver with the Fujikura Rombax is an absolute cannon. I hit 5 of 9 fairways on the sim with it, which is quite good for me. Its more accurate, and about ten yards longer for me than the 905R.

Thanks for the great club, Ezra!

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I don't know what the Rombax does in my shaft but I like it

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Never been anywahere near a monitor.Guy at the range couldn't hit it,I picked it up and loved it.

65g Rombax in stiff in an R7 425 TP.I smoke it

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Very nice. That thing just finds the right downplane on it's own when you let it.
icon10.gif
I have my eye out for another one always.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Only been on a monitor once, it had the typical stats you read about (launch angle, speed, spin) then the machine scored you out of 100, it was really weird.

I didn't have my driver so I grabbed a R7 TP (this was pre 425 and 460) with a 757, it's a miracle I didn't leave with it. I'm sure I'll pick one up someday when they're like 100 bucks :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.