• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My wedge play!

The master

Oct 24, 2004
I always thought I was quite a good wedge player, but now I look at it I don't think I am overly good, becuase I struggle to keep the ball down, and it affects my distances and it doesn't help in the wind.

Anyway I tried just putting the ball back in my stand stay level and hit through the shot, it comes of but not all the time I need to just work on hitting it 80% and 2 bounces and cheuqing up.

I think the shot would do my game world of wonders.

Anyway any tips to help me hit the shot the bets wedge players in the world hit?

Regards.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
The way I learnt to play this shot is to catch the ball as the club is coming down and take a divot beyond the ball also take a very narrow swing.
It took me two hours around the green on the first hole at my local course to learn how play this shot and now I use it 7 times in one round.
Beware I'm a teenager and a quick learner a man at my club has been trying to play this shot for the last 2 years and still doesn't have brilliant control.
Also use a high quality ball.
Hope this helped

🔥 Latest posts