• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My week of deer hunting

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
That's scary sssmokin. We're not supposed to have big cats in our area, but there has been a lot of sightings. I tend to go into the stand an hour before daylight. I have to be honest, the thought of this is usually in the back of my mind when I'm sneaking through the woods in the dark.

A few weeks ago going into the stand I got a scare, I shit my pants actually.

It was an unusually bright full moon that night. It made navigating through the woods without a flashlight possible. Since I had been to this location numerous times and knew my way well, this is exactly what I did. It had rained the night before, which was great because it made my footsteps nearly silent while I was slipping into the woods. Also, I went in with the wind in my face. These conditions had me excited about getting into my spot completely undetected.

About 50 yards into the woods I started getting an eery feeling because I wasn't using a flashlight. I scolded myself for being such a ***** and I hiked on. I got to a thick cane break and started through it. About that time, something right beside me (5-10 feet)jumped up and scared the living shit out of me. A f*ing deer had jumped up and screamed (blew) and took off running. I had managed to sneak all the way up on the SOB. Oh my god, was I pissed, my heart was pounding out of my chest. Hahaha, I don't see how I didn't scream.

So yeah, cougars are nothing to joke about. ;)

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Opening day, walking in the dark, one of the guys got to his stand and RIGHT behind him there was snarling and growling. He couldn't get in his stand quick enough. Said he was never so scared in his life. It was the cougar. That's how we know there was a cougar on the land. This guy met it face to face!

🔥 Latest posts