• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My wife is not a happy person!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Been off work for a month or two this winter. Just getting ready to begin a new one-year project in a couple weeks. Wife and I thought a month or two of "togetherness" would allow us a glimpse of life once we do decide to retire.
We have a 4 FT +/- strip of landscaping rock running the length of the front deck/railing. During the winter, the area accumulates leaves, grass, etc. This morning the sun was shining. The Good Lord had blessed us with a beautiful day. This will be a great day to tackle cleaning out that area so I can apply a good soaking of Roundup.
Took about 2 hours to rake and shovel and power blow to get the area cleaned up. Once done, I had a large pile of leaves and grass. The smart thing to do, at that time, would be to bag this yard trash. There is a city-wide cleanup in a couple weeks and they will pick up yard waste. Yes, that would have been the smart thing!!!
Always thinking of the easy... lazy... way out, I wondered if the mower would start after sitting all winter. Second pull... varoooom! So, the easy... not the smart... way to complete my morning would be to simply use the mower to mulch the debris. So, away we go.
In just a few minutes, I have the pile reduced to nearly nothing. The mower does a great job mulching and.... Woops! My beautiful wife is standing on the front steps waving and shouting. I shut down the mower. Oh, NO!!!
Seems there must have been a rock or two in the pile of yard waste. Yep! My mulching mower had slung a nice sized rock right into our front picture window. Now we need a new window. Waiting on the local glass people to come and give an estimate.
She is extremely adamant it's time for me to go back to work!!!!

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Didn't help that shortly after breaking the picture window, I left to go play 9 holes. Made the mistake of telling my golf buddy of my stupid stunt. All he could say was he couldn't wait to get home and tell his wife. "She thinks I'm the only one that does stupid stuff like that!!"

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Been off work for a month or two this winter. Just getting ready to begin a new one-year project in a couple weeks. Wife and I thought a month or two of "togetherness" would allow us a glimpse of life once we do decide to retire.
We have a 4 FT +/- strip of landscaping rock running the length of the front deck/railing. During the winter, the area accumulates leaves, grass, etc. This morning the sun was shining. The Good Lord had blessed us with a beautiful day. This will be a great day to tackle cleaning out that area so I can apply a good soaking of Roundup.
Took about 2 hours to rake and shovel and power blow to get the area cleaned up. Once done, I had a large pile of leaves and grass. The smart thing to do, at that time, would be to bag this yard trash. There is a city-wide cleanup in a couple weeks and they will pick up yard waste. Yes, that would have been the smart thing!!!
Always thinking of the easy... lazy... way out, I wondered if the mower would start after sitting all winter. Second pull... varoooom! So, the easy... not the smart... way to complete my morning would be to simply use the mower to mulch the debris. So, away we go.
In just a few minutes, I have the pile reduced to nearly nothing. The mower does a great job mulching and.... Woops! My beautiful wife is standing on the front steps waving and shouting. I shut down the mower. Oh, NO!!!
Seems there must have been a rock or two in the pile of yard waste. Yep! My mulching mower had slung a nice sized rock right into our front picture window. Now we need a new window. Waiting on the local glass people to come and give an estimate.
She is extremely adamant it's time for me to go back to work!!!!
You could have been golfing all day!

Staff online

Members online