• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Myrtle Beach/Crossville TN vacation

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
Spent a week in Myrtle with the family then moved on to TN for another week. While I did like the resort in TN should have just stayed at the beach for the 2nd week...played 7 rounds..here are the reviews
Myrtle,
Thistle, great course...12min tee times make it nice. Greens fairways and tee boxes in great condition. Will play it again.
Barefoot Fazio...awsome as always. Although it was cart path only for some unknown reason the day we played...and in 95 deg heat that made for a long day...
Dune Club (not Grande Dunes)...simply my favorite course in Myrtle...Awsome and well worth the money..traditional course...man I wish I was there now..
Tennesse
Farifield Glade Stonehenge and Heatherhurst Brae course..
playe both for $30 each...here in Northern VA they would easily cost $100 to play...great condition...favorite what the Brae Course..AWSOME...great views. perfectly manicured...they are both shorter course but challenging non the less...
Bear Trace Cumberland: Overrated in my opinion...it was in good shape..lots of blind shots..thick rough...greens we good...would rather of played hte Brea course twice...

Now back at work wishing I was still in Myrtle!!!

buykrux

May 15, 2009
i just got back 2 weeks ago
heres a course for you
i hear the wizard is better
the course sure looks tough but if your hitting it straight its a joke, super nice though
you have to play the tip though, 10 yards short of 7000, the par 3s and par 4's are longgggg

Man 'O War

OP
J

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
I have played probably 50-60 of the courses in myrtle including the Wizard Witch and ManOWar...they are nice..but honestly dont come close to the Barefoot courses or Dunes club...Here is my Myrtle top 10
1) Dunes Club
2) Barefoot Fazio
3) Caledonia
4) Barefoot Love
5) Heritage
6) Kings North
7) Grande Dunes
8) Surf Club(now Private though)
9) Tidewater
10) Thistle

OP
J

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
The Legends courses are nice but in my opinion are a bit overrated and overplayed. That may be tainted by an experience there...we were told that greens had not been punched in over a month. Well we payed our full cost get to the first green and they had been punched withing the last couple days...they did top dress them but it was awful. To their credit they did knock the price in half after we went back in and complained..

briangarg

Sep 3, 2009
You may visit me in the lovely Shot Talk bunker for more information about the golf vacations.

🔥 Latest posts