• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Myrtle Beach Golf Trip Report

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Born and raised in Indiana. Believe it or not, the "Southern Gentleman" thing was (get this) JUST AN ACT. Hard to believe, but you just never know.:laugh:

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Born and raised in Indiana. Believe it or not, the "Southern Gentleman" thing was (get this) JUST AN ACT. Hard to believe, but you just never know.:laugh:

I'm devastated. I may never get over this. :(

"Colonel Sanders, in your opinion, why did the chicken cross the road?"

"What!? I missed one?"

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States

Eracer

Did you know that when you drive through the state of Indiana, the first scenery you see will "follow" you through the whole state? Flatest, most boring "non"-scenery I've ever experienced.... :laugh:

And a guy from our company (real bs'er) moved to South Carolina and they gave him sh*t about being a "yankee". He said "well you know General Lee was born and raised in Wisconsin and that's how he got his appointment to West Point". He had them believing it after awhile. They said "he was?" He was quite a good con man... :D

Lemonhead

Nov 1, 2006
When you are Southern, the degree of your "Southerness" is related to your latitude. In NC we consider Virginia to be "questionable". Georgia thinks NC is "iffy". Of course, we all agree that Florida is really a part of Long Island and therefore doesn't get any Southern points (okay, perhaps the panhandle merits associate membership).

I never really cared where Col. Sanders came from because he is just a charicature of what a Yankee thinks of Southerners. What that tells me is that the South to the US what the US is to the world - everyone wants to put us down, but everyone wants to live here. :)

What I want to know is why Warbird didn't chase the gater off the course and back in the water? 6' is nothing. I had to grab the tail of a 5-footer at Echo Farms last summer because he decided to lay down where I wanted to land my ball. Got him moving back into the creek and we played on. My buddy wouldn't leave the cart (what a little girl!). When they get 9+ then they get an attitude.

Lemonhead

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
When you are Southern, the degree of your "Southerness" is related to your latitude. In NC we consider Virginia to be "questionable". Georgia thinks NC is "iffy". Of course, we all agree that Florida is really a part of Long Island and therefore doesn't get any Southern points (okay, perhaps the panhandle merits associate membership).

I never really cared where Col. Sanders came from because he is just a charicature of what a Yankee thinks of Southerners. What that tells me is that the South to the US what the US is to the world - everyone wants to put us down, but everyone wants to live here. :)

What I want to know is why Warbird didn't chase the gater off the course and back in the water? 6' is nothing. I had to grab the tail of a 5-footer at Echo Farms last summer because he decided to lay down where I wanted to land my ball. Got him moving back into the creek and we played on. My buddy wouldn't leave the cart (what a little girl!). When they get 9+ then they get an attitude.

Lemonhead

Good points, but I've always thought that "Southern-ness" was best measured by food. You get one point for having eaten each of these, and one bonus point for actually liking it.

(Items are ranked in order of difficulty)

Fried Chicken
Ham hocks and beans
Tomato pie
Collard greens
Grits
Pickled eggs
Chitterlings (or chitlins')
Pickled pig's feet

and the worst - tripe

If you've eaten all, and like more than four of these "delicacies", you can call yourself a Southerner, no matter where you live.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Did you know that when you drive through the state of Indiana, the first scenery you see will "follow" you through the whole state? Flatest, most boring "non"-scenery I've ever experienced.... :laugh:

Have you ever driven through Nebraska? Makes Indiana look like the Adirondacks.

Lemonhead

Nov 1, 2006
Good points, but I've always thought that "Southern-ness" was best measured by food. You get one point for having eaten each of these, and one bonus point for actually liking it.

(Items are ranked in order of difficulty)

Fried Chicken
Ham hocks and beans
Tomato pie
Collard greens
Grits
Pickled eggs
Chitterlings (or chitlins')
Pickled pig's feet

and the worst - tripe

If you've eaten all, and like more than four of these "delicacies", you can call yourself a Southerner, no matter where you live.

Sorry to say, it doesn't matter what you eat - a Yankee will always be a Yankee. To be Southern requires birth in a Southern state (most of Florida excluded). However, I admire your attempt to get Yankees to eat Chitlins - we would enjoy the laugh.

My parents used to own a Motel on the beach here. They used to get Yankee's calling to make reservations. My mom is from Tennessee and has a thick Southern accent. The customers used to pass the phone around just to hear Mom speak. She laughed all the way to the bank. :)

Lemonhead

🔥 Latest posts