• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Myrtle Beach...

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
My mate is thinking about a trip to Myrtle Beach next year instead of Scotland.

What would it be like for a week of golf for a group of guys...?

Personally I'd rather go to Scotland or that funny little green island where people talk funny.

Any thoughts?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
A lady in my office was there in March for vacation with her hubby. He wanted to check out the course, see what the big deal was. After some wandering, they went for lunch. $150 later....

Granted, they did buy a 60 dollar bottle of wine, but cripes!

Other than that, I don't know much about the area, where to stay, ect...

R35

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Rockford35 said:
A lady in my office was there in March for vacation with her hubby. He wanted to check out the course, see what the big deal was. After some wandering, they went for lunch. $150 later....

Granted, they did buy a 60 dollar bottle of wine, but cripes!

Other than that, I don't know much about the area, where to stay, ect...

R35

Ah. so it could get pricey?

It's a long way from here as well. If I was in Scotland I could stay with friends and family...borrow a car...get signed on courses by members...stuff like that - so it doesnt work out too expensive really.

And there's another baby Arab due by the end of the year, so a trip to the States is unlikely, I think.

Personally I fancy the Land of the Potato.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
KA:

I haven't been to Myrtle in a few years but from what I hear it has not changed much from my last visit:

1) Dozens of courses - most of them average, but undeniably some good ones.

2) If you get a good package - overall you can get fair value for your money.

3) Overall the area is kind of a cheap/tacky chic. A bunch of cheap hotels and crappy restaurants.

4) The place can be overrun with golfers who are all there trying to get an inexpensive trip on a variety of courses.

I have a friend at our club who has a winter home in Naples Florida. He is down there four months out of the year.

Every summer, he leaves here to go on a golf vacation. Every year for the last eight years - he has gone to Ireland and says it is the best golf experience...

If you mind me asking - how long does your friend want to be on the ground here, how many courses does he want to play etc? I guarantee, I could set up a four day trip right here that would blow away Myrtle Beach. Good hotels, very good restaurants and very very good courses...let me know.

🔥 Latest posts