• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nailed again. Flood Damage part deux

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sorry Rory, that's terrible news. Bloody global warming!

You and Al Gore can eat a big bag of shit. ;) This has been the worse summer ever. You guys have seen rubbish weather too, no? Global Warming? That's a funny joke.

Sorry to hear about the liquid, Rory. Water where you don't want it is always the shits.

R35

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Water where you don't want it is always the shits.

R35

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3472_3367265715_96427509c4.jpg

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Don't know what to say Rory. Except wish you the best on this. I would think after last year they (local government) would have tried to address this for the future. Dig a man made lake somewhere or build dykes or something.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
You and Al Gore can eat a big bag of shit. ;) This has been the worse summer ever. You guys have seen rubbish weather too, no? Global Warming? That's a funny joke.

R35

This is how sad I am. I am waiting to hear how much rain we record by close of play today (and yes it is pissing down!). It's been YET another wet summer, but we have the chance to break a record by 12pm tonight!!

If we hit 210mm of rainfall for August, and there is a good indication that we will, it will be the wettest ever Summer (June-August) on record, surpassing 1958, 2008, 1956, 1985 and 2007 (listing the previous wettest summers). Note the presence of 2007,2008 and 2009. So the last 3 summers have been a complete wash-out.

I understand the jibe about Global Warming, but I do believe that there is a meteorlogical link between the way we are progressively raping our planet and changes to weather patterns. Warmer winters, wetter summers in Northerly regions and colder winters, drier summer in Southern regions. I don't see this as a random trend and as our planet continues to burn fuel and release toxic emissions (CNCs etc) with little to no offsetting or corrective actions, there would appear to be an irreversable trend on the radar, with the weather patterns today only giving us glimpses of what our children have to face in generations to come.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
This is how sad I am. I am waiting to hear how much rain we record by close of play today (and yes it is pissing down!). It's been YET another wet summer, but we have the chance to break a record by 12pm tonight!!

If we hit 210mm of rainfall for August, and there is a good indication that we will, it will be the wettest ever Summer (June-August) on record, surpassing 1958, 2008, 1956, 1985 and 2007 (listing the previous wettest summers). Note the presence of 2007,2008 and 2009. So the last 3 summers have been a complete wash-out.

I understand the jibe about Global Warming, but I do believe that there is a meteorlogical link between the way we are progressively raping our planet and changes to weather patterns. Warmer winters, wetter summers in Northerly regions and colder winters, drier summer in Southern regions. I don't see this as a random trend and as our planet continues to burn fuel and release toxic emissions (CNCs etc) with little to no offsetting or corrective actions, there would appear to be an irreversable trend on the radar, with the weather patterns today only giving us glimpses of what our children have to face in generations to come.

Not trying to start an argument here, but how do you explain the Ice Ages in the past? There have been numerous times in the history of our planet when the majority of it was covered with ice. Then it would melt, recede, and then occur again. Did the cave men and dinosaurs cause Global Warming then?

Its just a cyclical thing that happens. The weather warms up, then it cools off. Global Warming is just an expression that was created to advance a select fews pet causes.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online