• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nakashima NP-1 60* Wedge

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
First thanks to Sling for making the PGA Champ contest and arranging such great prizes!

Second, thanks to Ken from Victory Custom Golf! Got on the phone with Ken and he treated me just like I was a paying customer. Let me choose, loft, shaft, grip, and he even adjusted the lie for me. Shipping was fast and free, club was packaged with great care, in a box with tape newspaper and bubble wrap. Point is he didn't cut any corners simply because this was a free club. So go buy somethin from him!

On to the club itself. Holy beautiful club! Craftsmanship is just great... great lines... nice and shiney... looks great in the bag. :thumbs up: As far as playability, I should make it clear that I almost never hit a full shot with a 60*. It just gets me in trouble. So as far as full shots go, I really can't comment. But for work around the green, it's every bit as good as my Vokey. Chip and pitch shots are soft, but not too soft. Still get that nice "click" that you like to hear. No problems getting the ball to spin and check, even worked out pretty good out of the bunker. I spent about 30 or so minutes a few days ago in the practice bunker, so I've got some confidense with it on short bunker shots. So :thumbs up: to the club around the green.

I went with the Lamkin Sting Free grip, simply because I've never tried it and wanted to. I think I still prefer the Tour Velvet, but there's nothing really "wrong" with the Lamkin. I really can't comment on the "Sting Free" features of the club, I really never get "stung" with any club I hit.

Anyway that's my review! If I hadn't just bought a 50 and 54, I'd definitely be looking into a full set of Nak wedges... very solid club!

:thumbs up:

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
excellent! yea late finding the darn review.. your welcomed and enjoyed the talk to set up the wedge.. glad she has worked into the bag.. Lower scores for 09!!!

have a good week.. :usflag: there is your picture!!!!!!!!!!!
Nat.jpg

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
i would have to agree with slick on this ... these are great wedges... you WILL end up buying the rest of the wedges52, and 56

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I've got Clemsonhacker's Nak 52º wedge for a little tryout.

After chunking three shots into the water with my Vokey, I've decided I'm still looking for the "magic wedge." IT'S NOT MY SWING, DARNIT!!!:prop:

Anyway, I've got the Eidolon back from CH, along with his Nak, and I plan on doing a comparo between them and my Vokey and Srixon. Between those four wedges, I should be able to find something that works..

(I know it's my swing that's the problem, but I'm stubborn and stupid...)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.