• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Name on bag.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
everything he does is "cooler"

Just cooler than you:D.

I didnt mean that against anything, I feel proud to have earned my opportunity to play in college and compete. Next name I want to work towards is a sponsored bag with my name on it with a little PGA Tour card;).

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
It's cool that they did that for you. The only concern would be expectations of players you've not played with before. They might be expecting you to be really good with a name on the bag. I don't have my name on my bag but I do have a windbreaker I wear (wearing it in my avatar actually) that says "Western Refining College All-American Golf Classic" on the sleeve. Which I surely am not but the guy who gave it to me was.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Mine says "I take cash from Shottalk team USA" on it.

LOL - actually, mine doesn't say anything. I don't ever have to worry about that.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Mine says "I take cash from Shottalk team USA" on it.

LOL - actually, mine doesn't say anything. I don't ever have to worry about that.
Next time we have an outing I'm going to brand your bag with the name: "VT Sandbagger".

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Next time we have an outing I'm going to brand your bag with the name: "VT Sandbagger".

I've finally got my swing back, so I should be able to get down to about a 12 cap for the outing this fall :D

OP
Sneaky Long

Sneaky Long

Better Lucky Than Good!
Jun 17, 2007
Great mix of replies.

I have never really been one to care the least about what others think.

When I look at my bag with my name on it, it looks very cool.

I didn't earn it by any means unless spending the money with them is cause for earning it.

My grandfather always said, "If you spend your life caring what others think, you will never find your true identity".

The only thing you come into this world with and leave with is your name.

I have my on my bag. Go for it.

Thanks for the replies, I'm a pretty scrappy golfer, anyone down this way in Texas (Dallas) on business or live here. Let's get to together and play.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I have never really been one to care the least about what others think.

When I look at my bag with my name on it, it looks very cool.

I didn't earn it by any means unless spending the money with them is cause for earning it.

My grandfather always said, "If you spend your life caring what others think, you will never find your true identity".

The only thing you come into this world with and leave with is your name.

I have my on my bag. Go for it.

Thanks for the replies, I'm a pretty scrappy golfer, anyone down this way in Texas (Dallas) on business or live here. Let's get to together and play.
Wirehair lives in Dallas. Great guy. You should PM him.

Golfer4life

May 11, 2008
That is cool. I have a Titleist Staff Bag that I use to display my putters that was personalized by Titleist and looks awesome, it is just too bulky for the course. They also personalized my stand bag and that one turned out really nice also.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online