• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Name your price.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I went into a golf shop today on my lunch break and saw a new Cleveland VP5 putter I have had my eye on on Ebay. They were asking considerably more for them than what they go for on Ebay. I went up and asked if he could do any better on the price and explained that the putter was currently going for $80 plus shipping on ebay and that it was last year's model and the new version is hitting stores. He gave me the putter for $80. Heck, I would have been willing to pay $100 for it just to not have to deal with Ebay and waiting.

Don't be afraid to ask for a better price. Its a buyer's market on golf equipment these days.:thumbs up:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I always try to haggle with the clerks at walmart....ask them if they will 'forget' to scan some big-ticket item if i give them my phone number....

Not even the ugs go for it....

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
That is what the Gurnee Golf Galaxy does with me. Heck, I feel like I am in an episode of Cheer's when I go there now. I always ask what the bottom line price is. Used club are fair game for bidding. The new clubs have a set price.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
This isn't just for golf equipment. Its a haggler's market. I just purchased a new nail gun the other day. I was going to buy it anyway, but I ask the salesman if he could do anything for me. He came back, and said the price is the price, but if I purchased the gun, he would give me a kit with an extra battery, cleaning kit, and car charger. I just wanted maybe half off an extra battery, and they gave me one.

It never hurts to ask, and they can say no. Just understand sometimes they are unable/unwilling to move, and that's OK. They have the right to sell it for whatever, and you have the right to ask and say yes or no.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
That is what the Gurnee Golf Galaxy does with me. Heck, I feel like I am in an episode of Cheer's when I go there now. I always ask what the bottom line price is. Used club are fair game for bidding. The new clubs have a set price.

Gurnee has a Golf Galaxy now? When did they build that? And where is it located?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Brand spankin new set of Callaway irons, my dad says he'll give them 200 since the newer models are coming out. Done.

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
Gurnee has a Golf Galaxy now? When did they build that? And where is it located?

It is near Gurnee Mills on Hunt Club and Grand Ave. I is in the SW Plaza between Best Buy and Jewel Osco. It has been there for almost 8 years (I think).

🔥 Latest posts