• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Naples Florida first trip in 15 years need help

Netsonar

Feb 22, 2011
Going to Naples for first time in almost 15 years looking for selection for some great courses in area cost not an issue as we want to enjoy great courses small group four guys high handicap is a 4 low handicap in group +3 the more difficult the better my group loves to get brought to our knees by the course. I.e. Should have to play well to break 75.

Thanks in advance!

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
OLD CORKSCREW.
Designed by Jack Nicklaus and his son, Steve. Was originally offered to another high end designer who turned it down due to the location. Nicklaus saw the land and knew what he could do with it. WOW! A beautifully designed track and one of the nicest and certainly most interesting and challenging I have ever played in Florida. 7393 from the tips with a 76.9/148 slope rating. 6617 from the Blues with a rating of 73.4/140 slope...this is in Florida folks. The course has everything, wild terrain, multiple lakes separating holes, tall pines framing most holes, wild flowers, fescue and the most multi-tiered, undulating greens I have ever seen. So far, no development so there are no buildings in sight bordering the course with the exception of one hole where you see a large equipment shed. At $80 for the round with cart and access to the practice facilities, it was a bargain. Compared to Tiberon at the Ritz Carlton in Naples, this was half the price and twice the course. If you are travelling to Naples, play this course. The course is located just south of Ft. Myers Airport, the airport used to fly into Naples, FL. The course is about 8 miles inland from the highway in the middle of nowwhere. What a find.You will not be disappointed. Staff is great and takes great pride in how you enjoyed yourself. Mark in the pro shop helps in any way. Cart girls are knock outs.

🔥 Latest posts