• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NBA Finals

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Anybody watching these conference finals games?

I haven't watched the NBA in so long. I happened to watch a game early on in the playoffs; Cavaliers/Bulls, and since then I've been enjoying the games a lot.

I'm pulling for the Celtics right now, because I think it's the best group of guys left. I look at the Celtics and I see some good, veteran players who really understand the game, and who don't need to engage in thuggery or cover themselves in tattoos to make a name for themselves. I don't mind the Magic either, but I think Dwight Howard is an overrated basketball player who happens to be a GIANT. I've never seen a bigger guy. His shoulders are as big as his head. Celtics went up 3-0 in a first-to-4 series, but the Magic have won 2 in a row since then, and the Celtics roster is hurting.

The Suns/Lakers series was tied 2-2 going into last night. The Suns mounted an amazing 17-point-comeback to tie the game with 3.5 seconds left, only to be beaten at the buzzer by an offensive rebound and score by a very thuggy Ron Artest. For reference, Ron Artest is one of the players who ran into the stands a few years ago and attacked fans. He's also had things like "Tru Warier" shaved into his head. He's an idiot, and he was 1/8 shooting before that game-winning shot. Always talking about "playin' in the projects" as a kid. STFU Ron.

I only know ONE other person in my normal life that watches the NBA, ever. Curious as to whether or not anyone on here has been watching these games.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Not me. Far more excitement in the NHL playoffs and March Madness.

I really tried with the NBA, but it's almost always the same ole teams, and not very often are there that big of upsets.

I mean, the last time a team outside of the top 4 made it even to the finals was 11 years ago.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
nope. no interest. we had an NBA team, but it failed, and we sent them back to the States. this is a hockey/football town.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
I follow the Jazz so the finals every year are just pure torture. Always close, but never getting there. But I don't care who wins, just so long as it's not bloody Kobe. Arrogant tool!

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
He's very very good. I don't know if he can think he's better than he is, considering he actually IS outstanding.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The games have been very good and close but one question. Is this basketball? I mean the quarterback hands off to the halfback following the big blocking linemen and he leaps into the defensive line for a layup after which they throw him (bounce him) off the floor. This reminds me sometimes of a different sport. Half the players are wearing bandages, tape, or laying on the sidelines with ice on their bruises.

🔥 Latest posts