• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NCAA BASKETBALL

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
You mean you didn't like "Stormin' Norman"??
I always loved (to hate) Norm Stewart. lol Funny, because he was was born on the same day as my wife but 30 years earlier. For some reason they always seemed to play KU on or around his birthday. So her birthday went from being the Superbowl when she was younger, to Inauguration day, to KU playing MU, then back to Inauguration Day.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I always loved (to hate) Norm Stewart. lol Funny, because he was was born on the same day as my wife but 30 years earlier. For some reason they always seemed to play KU on or around his birthday. So her birthday went from being the Superbowl when she was younger, to Inauguration day, to KU playing MU, then back to Inauguration Day.
As an avid "political junkie", sounds like she and I might have some "interesting" discussions. Today, though, one never knows if those discussions would be quite supportive of each other's political bent... or draped in raucous arguments... knowing well the opinions held by me are the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!!!! :>)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
As an avid "political junkie", sounds like she and I might have some "interesting" discussions. Today, though, one never knows if those discussions would be quite supportive of each other's political bent... or draped in raucous arguments... knowing well the opinions held by me are the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!!!! :>)
Actually she stays completely away from politics. I get pretty involved, was even a poll sitter in the last last election for a candidate, and some prior elections.

Although with the current state of affairs, I view politics like religion. It is fine to talk about in church, but outside of that it usually only ends well if you are talking to someone from the same religion. :)

Probably also the reason I have been viewed as a good choice for the Chairman of the Vacancy Board in our township in that I also separate local and county positions and do not even view them as political in nature.

Also the reason my wife and I have stayed married for 35 years next week we both have similar religious views and are both fairly conservative in nature. :>)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Actually she stays completely away from politics. I get pretty involved, was even a poll sitter in the last last election for a candidate, and some prior elections.

Although with the current state of affairs, I view politics like religion. It is fine to talk about in church, but outside of that it usually only ends well if you are talking to someone from the same religion. :)

Probably also the reason I have been viewed as a good choice for the Chairman of the Vacancy Board in our township in that I also separate local and county positions and do not even view them as political in nature.

Also the reason my wife and I have stayed married for 35 years next week we both have similar religious views and are both fairly conservative in nature. :>)
Congrats on the 35 years!!!! We celebrated 56 this past September. One has no idea how patient and special lady has put up with me this long!!! :>)

We have banned any political talk/comments in our golf group. "Discussions" quickly become "arguments" And, as the old saying goes, "Arguing with an idiot only proves there are two."

21 people enjoyed Thanksgiving in our small home! Everyone conducted themselves quite well. There were significant differences in political leanings and the last thing we wanted was to host a "food fight" over politics. Religion, politics, and sex should not be discussed around the dinner table... or on the golf course.

🔥 Latest posts