• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nearly had a coronary...

Wheelerm

GET IN THE HOLE!
Oct 11, 2005
Kilted Arab said:
Yeah, but my mrs is just as bad. when we moved here she bought a new mobile phone - a nicer one than mine which upset me no end!

Anyway, I asked her how much it was and she said something like $80 (cant remember the exact figure). I was surprised and she said about it being an end-of-line model and there was a sale on. So I let it go, wasn't that bothered about it.

Two months later I was flicking through an ad leaflet for a local electronics shop. Loh and behold there was her phone. At three times the cost she'd told me! Bingo! Home I trotted, smile on my face. Over lunch asked her about the new phone and how she was getting on with it. Fine, she says.

"How much was it again?", says I. Red as a beetroot, she went, knowing something was up. $80 says she.

"Really?", says I. Before playing the trump card.

It was poetic and I bring it up regularly. Especially when golf expenses are under discussion.

Lol nice 1 now you can hold it against her for AGES :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.