• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Neat Swing Test

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I did this little test from Golfonline (Golf Magazine). They say I am an "arc swinger". I did find it interseting that the a few of the things they suggested are the exact things I have recently been working on with my driver swings in particular. I also found it interesting that I was way past the max. inputs for flexibility in the left shoulder. Cool. Check it out, there are a few other "tests" that were pretty neat too. Also LMK if the link doesn't work, I think I may have had a problem with this site before.

http://www.golfonline.com/golfonline/form/0,18592,2_yourwaytoplay,00.html

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
intresting, i thought i was an arc swinger because i saw an article in golf tips about this, and that gave me the impression i was an arc swinger but this said i was a leverage swinger. I guess because i could bring my left arm all the way across my chest almost parallel to my body without turning my torso.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
"You are a Leverage Swinger."

Annika and Ernie. I'll take that. :)

R35

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I got comparisons to Davis and Fred. :rolleyes: Don't I wish.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
This is taken from the book, "The LAWS of the Golf Swing".

L-A-W is for Leverage, Arc, and Width. The three types of swings.

In the flexibility testing in the book, there are a LOT of different stretches etc. to determine what type you are.

In the book, I was about an even split between a Muscular Advantage (width) and an Arc swinger. I'm tall which they think should be an arc swinger, but my flexibility is shit so I become a width swinger.

The author then tells you a lot of adjustments you should try to put in to make your swing better for your body type. He tells you why you should do them and why other things that you may have put into your golf swing won't work consistently.

It really is an excellent book IMO.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'm a "Leverage Swinger" and the things to do and practice are exactly what I have found (and my pro has taught) over the years. This article is dead nuts accurate. Cool stuff. Thanks.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
This is taken from the book, "The LAWS of the Golf Swing".

Who is the author? Might want to check that one out. I plan on purchasing a few books over the offseason.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
I got leverage too, and I know I am hella flexible. I can touch the palms of my hands to the floor standing with straight legs. I can clasp my hands behind my back and roll them up over my body to verticle and I can lift either leg to about 135* so what kind of crap answer is that? Leverage swinger phtttt.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I got leverage too, and I know I am hella flexible. I can touch the palms of my hands to the floor standing with straight legs. I can clasp my hands behind my back and roll them up over my body to verticle and I can lift either leg to about 135* so what kind of crap answer is that? Leverage swinger phtttt.

Enough about your sex life.

How's your swing? :D

R35

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006

It may not be dead accurate with just 3 questions but it's worth a read. Like I said, it dictated some of the exact things I've been working on and getting good results. Also it was dead on with my flaws, such as going past parallel, which is a result of that left shoulder being very flexible.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
arc swinger...

interesting article I suppose. Drills make sense

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
You'll find out, sex ends 2 weeks after your wedding. Swing is all you have left to work on.

You got 2 weeks? Bastard. :D

I am an ARC swinger, according to this article. When I read the book, I thought I was a WIDTH swinger. Oh, well.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.