• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need a new driver shaft

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Thanks very much Lyle! And dave., one of my friends has an NV in X and I definatlely DO NOT want anything extra stiff. :laugh:

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Mike, did you mention your tempo?

I know you recommended speed...but which Graman you select, is also dependent on transformation from backswing to forward...

The UL 440 is really for someone with a smooth delivery, while the 540 more for someone with an aggressive downswing...also how fast do you turn your wrists over?

Finally, never, EVER based a decision on suggested flex or CPM...there is NO industry standared for shaft flex....and Raw CPM measurements only tell you what the Butt flex is...it tells you absolutely nothing about the shaft charactoristics or shaft profile.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
This is what I've read and heard about this line but I'm completely baffled. I'm a good ball striker wrt sweet spot hits but I sometimes struggle getting the face closed at impact. What baffles me is that I hit the J33 3W better and more consistent than I've hit any 3W in my life - this shouldn't be the case. Something about this head just is so confidence inspiring for me; I love it!

I had a VT Sugar maple tipped 22" in mine, you had to be Camillo Villegas to handle it. I would like to have seen what I could have done with that head with a softer shaft, cause I love the J33 with the NV in the hybrid.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
try out a graphite design ys-6+ stiff. sounds perfect for you

You mean like the one that is in my 905R ;)

FKA19 - how do you like the YS-6 in a FW? Do you find it a little light and/or soft? Did you tip it?

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
FKA19, I played 9 yesterday afternoon with a guy who had a YS 6+ stiff so I told him I was looking for a new shaft, so he let me hit his driver (905T). One of my friends has a 905S and I like the feel of that driver, but this guy's club felt awful! The YS 6 felt "mushy" at impact. Not sure if that really describes it though... I just didn't like it.

Shafts that weigh about the same as the 440 (55 grams or so) just feel a little light to me. I prefer something a bit heavier, which is why I am ordering the 540 tonight or tomorrow. :)

🔥 Latest posts