• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need a stand bag...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
As the title suggests I am in the market for a new stand bag. I have had Ogio's before but for some reason the straps didn't seem to work right for me. It was an older model, a Novak? I think was the model, so by now things might be better. I have a Datrek now with an izzo strap but after 3 rounds the stand system has fallen apart. I am going to send it back to be warrantied, but am not so thrilled at only using it three rounds....

So, whats a good bag not to heavy that is sturdy and isn't going to cost a small fortune? Was thinking of the Ogio Vaporlite... Wasn't there a sponsor at one point that did mainly bags? Anyway I am open to ANY suggestions-thanks!

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
any of the OEM bags are great. I have a Mizzy one, but all OEM make a superlite bag. I've had Sun Mountain bags in the past, they were great too. Not a huge Ogio fan as they seem too bulky to me.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I really like my Taylor Made TMX bag, it's light, looks good, has decent storage, etc. Plus it also fits really well on my BagBoy cart for the times when I don't carry.

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
I have yet to have a stand bag last more than two years. I have had two taylormade bags and a cleveland. I have two friends that have the titleist stand bags and they are light and they have a very solid stand design. Out of the OEM bags titleist makes the best I have seen.

Glenn70

Aug 15, 2005
As the title suggests I am in the market for a new stand bag. I have had Ogio's before but for some reason the straps didn't seem to work right for me. It was an older model, a Novak? I think was the model, so by now things might be better. I have a Datrek now with an izzo strap but after 3 rounds the stand system has fallen apart. I am going to send it back to be warrantied, but am not so thrilled at only using it three rounds....

So, whats a good bag not to heavy that is sturdy and isn't going to cost a small fortune? Was thinking of the Ogio Vaporlite... Wasn't there a sponsor at one point that did mainly bags? Anyway I am open to ANY suggestions-thanks!

I just bought the Ogio Vaporlite. So far I love it. Light weight, lots of pockets, the water bottle pocket is in a perfect location, and the straps work well. However, the legs are still suspect. They aren't the sturdiest I've seen. I just came back from a golf trip, and I think the legs kind of got bent in the travel bag. I suppose that is my fault, but if they were made better it wouldn't have happened.

I need to use it more to really see if it holds up. However, if I had to give a recommendation now, I'd say absolutely buy it.

rubber314chicken

Thats what she said
Dec 27, 2007
yea, ogio has nice bags, but their legs suck for some reason.

but half of that is not having the v spring tightened enough. you've gotta slide it up a liitle to make them work right. you will know what I mean when you play with the bag.

kathryn

May 12, 2008
Datrek Stand bag

Big Jim, can you tell me what style of Datrek bag you had an issue with? As the marketing manager of that entity I may be able to assist. Thanks.
Kathryn

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I've been playing a Vaporlite for over a year now and it's been a great bag. I think ezra has gotten good service out of his, also.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Big Jim, can you tell me what style of Datrek bag you had an issue with? As the marketing manager of that entity I may be able to assist. Thanks.
Kathryn

I have the Datrek Fusion Stand bag and bought it about a year ago. I have played 10 rounds approximately, 3 of them walking. I love the bag, the strap from Izzo being one main reason I bought it. Its not a major issue but more of an annoyance. Here are a few pictures so you can see, apparently a lock washer? came off and when I put the stand down obviously the legs don't work. I contacted TGW.com where I purchased it and they told me it could be 3-4 weeks or 35% of the season here in VT. Hope this is for real....here are the pics...
Datrek 1.jpg

🔥 Latest posts