• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need an affordable new/"like new" ball (2hc)

papperlapub

Swedish Golfer
Jul 31, 2006
www.lakeballs.co.uk

I had the same consideration a couple of years back, then I found the solution- I guess from your name that your from the UK? That would be even better for you, cause I have to pay the shipping cost to Sweden.

Anyway, I am getting ahead of myself. Try www.lakeballs.co.uk, I buy the second best category of the ProV1 and the balls are in really really good shape, you cant almost see they're used, can just recommend this.

Regards

Pub

OP
K

knicknut

Jul 28, 2008
Why would you think I'm from the UK? Knick is a reference to the New York Knicks (which I'm a little embarrassed to be a fan of right now).

Anyway, thanks for the continued advice.

To the people who said I should only lose a ball every 5 rounds--as I said, I tend to scuff the balls up pretty quickly, both from wedges and from hitting trees/paths (on my local course a lot of cart paths are just a few feet from the fairway, so you could be safely in the light rough and still hit the path). I'd say I go through 2-3 balls a round if I dump one after it gets a visible scuff.

I bought a couple dozen ProV1x 2007's for $1.67 a ball from lostgolfballs.com through E-bay. I'll let you know how they go for me. Next time I'll try the other top balls from other brands to see how they do comparatively. Although from looking, the Pro V1x 2007's I got are cheaper than the Nike Ones and others from that site. They're all comparable.

Additional comments welcome. Thanks! :)

bluebledthesea

Only Drinking AFTER Golf
Jul 22, 2008
Why would you think I'm from the UK? Knick is a reference to the New York Knicks (which I'm a little embarrassed to be a fan of right now).

He was probably thinking of "knickers," UK slang for women's underwear, or "knickerbockers," knee-length baggy trousers like the silly pants golfers used to wear. He's from Sweden, so the Knicks probably weren't his first thought. ;) (Go Celtics!)

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006

Anyway, thanks for the continued advice.

To the people who said I should only lose a ball every 5 rounds--as I said, I tend to scuff the balls up pretty quickly, both from wedges and from hitting trees/paths (on my local course a lot of cart paths are just a few feet from the fairway, so you could be safely in the light rough and still hit the path). I'd say I go through 2-3 balls a round if I dump one after it gets a visible scuff.

I bought a couple dozen ProV1x 2007's for $1.67 a ball from lostgolfballs.com through E-bay. I'll let you know how they go for me. Next time I'll try the other top balls from other brands to see how they do comparatively. Although from looking, the Pro V1x 2007's I got are cheaper than the Nike Ones and others from that site. They're all comparable.

Additional comments welcome. Thanks! :)

Pub I'm from the UK and thanks for the link i'll check it out. :)

papperlapub

Swedish Golfer
Jul 31, 2006
Hi Knick,

sorry my mistake. I thought the thread was started by Manchester...., who's obviously from the UK. But of Course I also thought you were refering to the pink knickers (panties):eek:

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Knetgolf has ProV's for 15% off right now. Just an FYI...

R35

I wouldn't buy a fuking top flight from those crooks at K-net. They have the worst quality used balls on all of e-bay. I bought twice from them thinking the first time was a rare exception. Both times out of 3 dozen MINT balls, a full dozen where beat to shit. Out of 36 balls, only 7-10 were MINT. Many far better sellers out there, dont reward these pricks for their horrible ratings with your money.

PeterMan

Jun 21, 2006
The Bridgestone e5+ at $25/dozen rank 3rd on the 2008 Golf Digest hotlist...
the e6+ are 4th, $25/dozen and the next 2 on the list are the Callaway Hot Bite and NXT Tour both at $30 dozen...

I would think you could find a really good ball for you out of those 4 choices...

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
i agree with what was said earlier with the fact hat as a 2hdcp, your probably not loosing enough balls to worry about what your paying for them.

However, for the best all around ball i have found so far for a dirt cheap price i would have to reccomend trying the D2 Feel ball by Top Flight.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.