• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need driver help

Joe boom

Oct 15, 2017
Country
United States United States
So i had a taylormade burnersuperfast 2.0 9.5° stock reax 4.8 S shaft swing weight d9 46.5 playable length would hit straight to slight fade i bought a m2 9.5 stock fujikura pro 50 R swing weight d3 45.75 playable length and if im lucky hit a fade but mostly a big ole slice everything i read says the shorter weaker flex should be better i was thinking of going to a longer stiffer shaft just need some opinions thanx

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I would have stayed with the stiff shaft. There's also an adjustment where you can close the face a little.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Check the torque numbers on the new shaft. A regular flex shaft usually has a higher torque number... it will "twist" more. If you were hitting a slight fade with the stiff shaft, move to a regular shaft and apply the same swing path and swing speed, it would not surprise me if you are seeing it go right a little more. Some possible things to try. Set up with the clubface extremely closed. If the shaft torque is keeping the face open, you should be able to find the correct set up to see it come through square to target. Or, set up for an exaggerated draw/hook. Aim the clubface along your target line, but set up where you swing as if you were sending the ball way out into right field. Keep in mind, golf is a game of opposites. Hit down to get the ball up. Swing to the right for the ball to go left. One of my golf buddies can have an awful slice. Pretty soon, he's aiming so far to the left it scares the folks two fairways away just to get the ball back to our fairway. I'll begin trying to get him to get "screwed" back around where he's actually swinging down the right side of the fairway . The ball will straighten out until he hits his first fade/slice. Then he tries to correct by aiming further left to get the ball in the fairway.
Good luck. Golf is a difficult game, but someone has to do it.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
46.5in is way too long. Have you tried using a shorter driver? Something around 44.5in? My whole driver game changed when I started using a shorter driver. Since it recoils much less it is indeed straighter every time

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
46.5in is way too long. Have you tried using a shorter driver? Something around 44.5in? My whole driver game changed when I started using a shorter driver. Since it recoils much less it is indeed straighter every time
This. I got the Titleist this year which is 45" from the factory. Still hitting the same distance but they're usually in the fairway now.

OP
J

Joe boom

Oct 15, 2017
Country
Well found the specs on my old driver shaft and ordered a new one that had damn near same spec it was a aldila rip phenom50 made it 46 3/4 and big differance backnin the fairway and long everything ive read and been told is shorter is better guess im an oddball thanx for the help guys

🔥 Latest posts