• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need fairway wood shaft advice

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
That the one you just got? What do think of it?

Long, high, straight, forgiving. That pretty much sums it up. I love the Taylormade TP line. They have the look that I want, but they are forgiving enough for me to actually use. I can change weights for swing weighting or ballflight. I was surprised how big the head is, though, coming from a 980. Doesn't bug me. I'm going to ho a five wood with a steel shaft, then hopefully I'm done for a while.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Long, high, straight, forgiving. That pretty much sums it up. I love the Taylormade TP line. They have the look that I want, but they are forgiving enough for me to actually use. I can change weights for swing weighting or ballflight. I was surprised how big the head is, though, coming from a 980. Doesn't bug me. I'm going to ho a five wood with a steel shaft, then hopefully I'm done for a while.

I'm sold on them as well. Never hit a FW so long, so straight and so consistantly. So far my record is about 260 into the FW with the 5W and 280 into it with 3W. They are fricken rocket launchers when I catch them on the sweet spot. I was even 230 out on a par 5, uphill and put it off the back of the green with the 5W. They've really changed my game on the par 5's, not too many unreachable for me now.

Staff online

Members online