• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need girl advice

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
DrBrown said:
So what do y'all think about mini-golf for a first date?? Most people just to do the movie/dinner thing but thats boring IMO. I'd much rather be outdoors having fun w/ or w/out a girl.

I don't think movies are a good first date. How are suppose to get to know someone when you're not suppose to talk. Dumb.

Mini-golf is good. Try starting a coversation with her and bring it up. If she says she likes mini-golf use that to trigger an invite, if she says she hates it you'll know what not to do.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
DrBrown said:
Here's some new NEWS as of yesterday. Go to chruch looking to try another crack at her. Well the pews were full and I ended up sitting in her row. She came with her mother and it looked like she went out of her way to not sit right next to me??? I thought I was "in there" until that little road block. Now Im wondering if shes just playing with me or trying to play mind games. Women are a strange breed!!

And I tend to agree with you token. I plan to try to casually ask her to go play putt-putt golf and get some ice cream afterwards. Its not GOLF but its close heh. Everyone can play mini golf. And seeing as Im a pretty good golfer Im going to try to use that to my advantage to get closer to help her do better. This of course if she doesnt say "Hey Dan your a dildo, go away!" LOL

So what do y'all think about mini-golf for a first date?? Most people just to do the movie/dinner thing but thats boring IMO. I'd much rather be outdoors having fun w/ or w/out a girl.

Try a sidewalk art show or something like that. Gives you a chance to make conversation and get to know her a bit...a movie is a bad choice. Just sitting there.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Shopping is a good one. Sounds lame, but it sure opens up alot of doors about someone.

"Do you like this sweater/pair of jeans/tie/leather chap set?"

"DO I!!!"

:biglol:

Honestly, it's a great ice breaker.

R35

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Dr Brown,

Instead of tormenting yourself endlesly like a worm, just go and ask her out for a coffee. Be direct and confident and all smile.
To put it that simple, the worst you can get is a NO. And if that's the case, then everyone will breathe easier, as there won't be anymore awkwardness.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Dr., Movies, lunch, mini golf, everyone has been through all of that. It is all the same crap - different pile. Take her somewhere that interests you, or shows a little about you. She is also on the date to get to know you, you're not the only one there checking things out. Then if she is second date worthy invite her to take you somewhere that interests her. It will be much more easy to converse when you are in your environment, and she in hers.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Jeff doesn't have good advice for this, the ladies ask JEFF for the date. Hahaha, just kidding, well, not really.

Do something that's fun, or interesting, but is an open road for conversation.

Honestly, dating is like being at the chipping green with a bucket of balls. Keep hitting that ball, you'll get some close shots, you'll get some that you think are great, you'll get some that you think, "wtf?" But the most important is that one you sink, that's the keeper.

🔥 Latest posts