• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Help From the ShotTalk Brain Trust

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
23* with the SRT shaft... I'll sell it for $55 shipped, I hate it, POS. :laugh:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I hit my 2 worst shots of the day with it. I've shanked 7irons that went longer and straighter. If just doesn't fit in with the rest of my clubs. I swing it the same as the others and it sucks. Think I may try a steel shafted TP 22* or a Baffler pro with a Nippon 950.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I have an Aldila NVS 85g S-flex shaft in my Nickent and am very pleased with the combination. I personally think the 585H is a better looking club, and feels great, but it is more demanding as well. There is a bit more forgiveness that comes with my Nickent.

OP
Mors Ab Alto

Mors Ab Alto

Aug 28, 2006
I hit my 2 worst shots of the day with it. I've shanked 7irons that went longer and straighter. If just doesn't fit in with the rest of my clubs. I swing it the same as the others and it sucks. Think I may try a steel shafted TP 22* or a Baffler pro with a Nippon 950.

I have a TM Rescue Mid 22* w/ DG steel stiff shaft that needs a new home. PM me if you're interested (also have a 16* TP and 19* if interested).

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I have a TM Rescue Mid 22* w/ DG steel stiff shaft that needs a new home. PM me if you're interested (also have a 16* TP and 19* if interested).

Is the 22* a TP? The regular model is too left prone, like the Nickent seems to be for me. I'd gladly trade the Nickent for the Rescue if it's a TP.

LMK. I'm looking at a Sonartec MD 23* with an R flex off GG for use with my gift card. If I get that I'll reshaft it with a Nippon NS8950 steel shaft.
icon10.gif

OP
Mors Ab Alto

Mors Ab Alto

Aug 28, 2006
Is the 22* a TP? The regular model is too left prone, like the Nickent seems to be for me. I'd gladly trade the Nickent for the Rescue if it's a TP.
icon10.gif

Sorry, it's the regular model, not the TP. I too tend to fight the left with it if my swing is off, but otherwise it's awesome. Am actually thinking of keeping the 19* and 22* in the bag. They are my favorites and I can't see ditching them just to have an all Titleist bag (which is uber-gay, I agree).

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Luber-gay even... Yeah, if they work for you then keep them. IMO finding a consistant hybrid is possibly more difficult than any other club. I know I want the higher flight than I'd get with a long iron but I'll be darned if I don't strike the old MP-60 3iron with an Rflex and lead tape more consistantly than a hybrid.

OP
Mors Ab Alto

Mors Ab Alto

Aug 28, 2006
Well, I have come to the realization that I can't get rid of my TM 19* and 22* Rescue Mids. As much as I would love to join the ranks of the the ho's, I can't see getting new clubs to replace my favorites.

Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and break them while puching out from the woods (which happens often enough to make this a real possibility).

🔥 Latest posts