• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need help picking courses in Myrtle Beach

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
My dad and I are planning on going to Myrtle Beach in February this year. In the package that we have been offered we get to choose three of Legends Moorland, Heathland, and Parkland, as well as Oyster Bay and Heritage Club. My dad is not a big fan of target golf although I don;t really mind a little of it (often is my best chance to beat him).

I guess what I am asking is if anyone who has played these courses could give a brief summary of the course and maybe even suggestions on which three you would pick.

Any help is appreciated.

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Dusty,
I have stayed at Legends a few times and can tell you it is one of the best, most user friendly, convenient stay and plays in Myrtle Beach. The three courses on site are terrific and are very different designs, each providing its own playing challenges. While I have not played Oyster Bay I understand its a terrific course. I can say, however, I will not put a MB package together ever without having Heritage on our play list. It is just such a classic, beautiful golf course.
Myrtle 2009 027.jpg
Myrtle 2009 001.jpg

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
From Last Year's Trip Report:
What can I say about this beautifully designed golf course that hasn’t already been covered? It is one of my favorites and a classic track in every way. The course was designed by Larry Young in the early 80’s who later called upon the then little known Mike Strantz to redesign the greens and do some bunker tweaking in the ‘90’s. What I like most about Heritage, aside from its sheer plantation beauty, is that length and power are not a great advantage here, this is a shot maker’s course. Due to challenging pin placements with subtle breaks in the greens, the second shot is everything. We played from the blues that delivers a 74.8/144 rating at 7000 yards. This afforded us views of how the course was laid out from the eyes of the designer and full range of each hole. Conditions were good with blue skies and only a light wind.The greens were a little patchy but rolled very true. Saw a bunch of gaters today, some fairly large. Again, a pure classic that is always on my must play list.

OP
Dusty90

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
Thanks alot!!

I think that we have narrowed down, such that we will play Heritage Plantation and Oyster Bay for sure, and then pick one of the Legends courses, which right now is probably leaning towards Parkland, for no reason in particular.

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Parkland is my favorite as well, because from the tips it's the hardest. An old time parkland course with modern length. Next would be Heathland, a links style course that offers a lot of fun in the wind.
If you have time, you might want to check out King's North just few minutes up the highway from Legends. A really nice track designed by Arnold Palmer. Have a great trip.

OP
Dusty90

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
Well after much deliberation (aka, asking the guy booking the trip which legends course to play) we have decided on picking Heritage Club, Oyster Bay and Legends Moorland. I should also add that we are also playing TPC and Wachesaw East. Needless to say I am very excited about this trip!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
What are you paying for your trip? I'd like to set something like this up but I don't know where to start.

OP
Dusty90

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
SUX, I'm not entirely sure because my dad id all the planning and such. With that said i think that it came to about $450 per person for golf, 6 days accommodation including breakfast at the hotel, and lunch and two beers at the golf course (however the beers won't do me to much good down there)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.