• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Honest Feedback from Golfers About Their Shirts

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
There was a time.......................

Your apparel at the time?

womanizer.jpg

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
OK, I'll play.

Google golf polo shirts and you get ~4 million hits. If you are trying to break into the market with a "me-too" polo shirt, then you are pushing water up hill. What you need is a USP, an angle. A standard eg white cotton polo with a logo / badge thrown into a rack with 20 other "me-too" brands and up against the marketing dollars of Nike, Adidas, UnderArmor, Puma, Ashworth, etc. will never work. It will find its way to the sale rack quicker than Usain Bolt.

You USP might be material used, something unique for comfort, fit, durability ????
It might be design, eg LoudMouth, IJP (Poulter)
It might be cut eg Lindeberg.
It might be performance, eg Galvin Green
It might be lifestyle eg Urban Golf Gear

Unless you have a killer / unique USP or can hire a famous designer or get a celebrity / golfer to endorse your product it will be very tough to succeed in an already saturated market. But good luck anyway.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
You should try shopping for clothes, then.

BTW, your mama dresses you funny.
I do my own shopping for certain things, like suits, shoes, hunting/golf clothes, but that's really about it. My wife loves to shop and she brings home clothes so often that I don't need to do it myself. If you don't like my plum colored shirt, you can kiss my ass. :D Seriously though, I don't put clothes on in the mornings to impress anyone.

🔥 Latest posts