• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need input on Ping G5's

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I bought a new custom fitted set of Ping G5's (steel shafts) this summer. Two weeks later I got my first hole-in-one in 40 years. I'm hitting greens now on a regular basis and when I get in a zone I'm ON the pins. I can't imagine a more forgiving, better playing iron. My brother sssmokin bought a new set of G5's (steel shafts) this summer also and loves them.

If you can't hit these irons, give up golf.

:)

Is Smokin your brother??? He said your adopted!!!..Is he your brother?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Trouble with Mizzy's is they make so many different ones how do you know "which does what for whom"? I mean there's the 23, 25, 30, 32, 60 and probably a dozen others I've missed. Which are game improvement and which are for the good guys and which are the most expensive (they're all more expensive then their competition).....:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm willing to bet that 90% of guys on this forum could benefit from playing the MX-25's. From the limited glance I gave them at Golfsmith, they look the shit. And if they're anything like the 23's, you have nothing to lose.

R35

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Try MP-60s! I swung them the other day and hit a couple balls to entertain myself while I waited for gal to get off work(took her to dinner), and liked them a lot. Still prefer my 33s though.

winders

Sep 23, 2006
I believed MP are forged and MX are cast.
Not true....

The MX-25 amd MX-900 irons are "Grain Flow Forged". It appears the MX-19 irons are cast.

The MX line are "Game Improvement" irons while the MP line are "Game Enhancement" irons.

Scott

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
The MX line are "Game Improvement" irons while the MP line are "Game Enhancement" irons.

Or, think of it this way: The MX line is for those of us that occasionally put an "X" on the card, the MP line is for those of you who frequently put a Par on the card...;)

Thank you for everyone's input...please provide more if you have more!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Not true....

The MX-25 amd MX-900 irons are "Grain Flow Forged". It appears the MX-19 irons are cast.

Scott

Ahhh, thank you. I never knew. :D

winders

Sep 23, 2006
Jeff4i,

All I did was look on the Mizuno web site and quote it. I'm only as right as their marketing material.....

;)

Scott

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
See, but I'm lazy. Any I'm usually trying to take notes in class as well as post.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online