• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Laptop Recommendations

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Yes, a Mac will cost you much more than $500.

Yup, and be no better in any aspect than a PC...

I don't understand why there is such a 'fanboy' attitude with macs...i have worked on macs for many hours and they don't work any better nor worse than a PC and yet for the same specs they cost much more....but its 'cool' to have a mac because your different...

unique-demotivator-poster.jpg

Honestly though, macs are good, they are just too expensive for what you get AFAIC

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
But correct me if I'm wrong....

But aren't Mac applications not compatable with Windows? So she cannot transfer her windows files to Mac.

Also, I stated cost is crucial...we are looking at an inexpensive system with $500 being top...and Macs are much more than that, correct?

Office Mac woks just the same as your original Office for Windows, shares the same files, etc. IF you use a complicated finance software like SAS then you can't play it on Mac OS, although you can use Windows in a Mac if you want to, but that would be like putting a Ford 1934 "T" Model engine in a new S65 AMG Mercedes :D

Macs aren't more expensive, they just don't run low end computers. For example, the basic Mac goes with an Intel Core Duo 2 2.4GHz processor, while Dell computers for example start with an "E" class intel which is far far away in performance.

I know you said budget is important, but in the long term, a Mac ends up being even cheaper, since you don't have to replace the machine OR THE WINDOWS version every three months. I guess Microsoft is like the Taylormade of software: Twenty different drivers (programs) per year hehehehe

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Yup, and be no better in any aspect than a PC...

I don't understand why there is such a 'fanboy' attitude with macs...i have worked on macs for many hours and they don't work any better nor worse than a PC and yet for the same specs they cost much more....but its 'cool' to have a mac because your different...

Honestly though, macs are good, they are just too expensive for what you get AFAIC

Why am I a Mac Fan:

a. Because I have never read the phrase "This computer has made an un-valid operation and it will shut down. Any unsaved info will be lost".

b. I change my Mac Laptop every twice the time my friends change their PCs because the new software needs "different" "improved" hardware to work.

c. As a Plastics Surgeon, aesthetics do mean a lot, and its innevitable MAcs looks better. No wonder every new model wins a Design Award.

d. Only computers I can synchronize with my Iphone.

e. I don't know what a "blue death screen" means :D

just to mention a few.....

As well, you say there is no difference between performance, but I'm sure you haven't worked on high-end render or graphic software, or worked with music software, or worked with lab. based statistic software, so you don't see a difference between one or the other. Most people use their computers for internet access and writing letters or doing presentations in Rower Point. For those people, it doesn't make any difference at all if you work on a Celeron Based PC Laptop or a Phenon quad-Core G5 Mac, but for peopel who use their computers for professional work, it DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

The 3D software you use for showing face enhancement on patients needs a high end PC to work, but I can make it work smoothly on an average simple Mac.

I guess its not a matter of "attitude", but a matter of what y have found works best for you. You want to stay ith a PC all your life? Great for you.

But some of us with the "fan boy attitude" do have had a mayor improvement in our fields of work my just changing to a Mac.

🔥 Latest posts