• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need New Full Set

OP
Ross

Ross

Mar 30, 2008
Cheers for help guys. As said I went to American Golf today.

Ping I3 iron set (graphite, 4-SW, mens) about 2 years old £180. 30 quid over budget without getting a driver, putter or hybrid but never mind!

OP
Ross

Ross

Mar 30, 2008
Ive got my eyes on a Nike one. It finishes on Saturday and is still a tenner at the moment. I think 1 bid. Can't remember model name sorry.

About drivers...

I would prefer ladies but no over-fussed about mens. I would prefer something at least 420cc, that Mizuno looks pretty small. I dont know what the reaction will be like to this but how about a non-conforming Nike Sasquatch? At the end of the day while I'm only playing with friends nobody is going to complain and to be honest I'm pretty sure when I renew my membership as long as I don't flash it about nobody well notice anyway. What do you think? It's less than £50.

OP
Ross

Ross

Mar 30, 2008
Is this a genuine Callaway Big Bertha 460?

Is it not meant to have white around the red?

Ebay number: 180228598178

OP
Ross

Ross

Mar 30, 2008
What company makes the best hybrids? I don't mind a used one as long as it is graphite and at least 20 degrees. I've decided I might as well make all my clubs mens now- so they last as long as I want them to.

I think I might go for that Ping putter if I don't manage to get this Nike one I'm after. To be honest I'm happy as long as I get a fairly big name that isn't too badly worn. I might go to JJB for a putter if I don't get any off ebay.

I'm pretty settled on being a cheat and buying this Nike Sasquatch+ driver now which doesn't conform but hey a driver which is normally £200 for £45, not bad ey?

I might have to go to American Golf again though.

swartzd

Nov 29, 2006
The MacGregor 455s are an incredibly easy set of irons to hit well! Ebay is the perfect source for what you need at great prices. At your age and height, the women's clubs would be a very good choice.

OP
Ross

Ross

Mar 30, 2008
Cheers for help guys. As said I went to American Golf today.

Ping I3 iron set (graphite, 4-SW, mens) about 2 years old £180. 30 quid over budget without getting a driver, putter or hybrid but never mind!

swartzd said:
The MacGregor 455s are an incredibly easy set of irons to hit well! Ebay is the perfect source for what you need at great prices. At your age and height, the women's clubs would be a very good choice.

I've already bought the Pings lol. Sorry if I didn't make it clear!:D

OP
Ross

Ross

Mar 30, 2008
There is a Callaway X460 for £85 But It Now with Best Offer on. It is listed as new so probably only been hit in a shop.

Best offer: £60, what do you think?

Also considering a Ping G2 or G5. I can get them for about £60-£70. I don't know which is better though...

Is the Nike T130 Oz putter any good? What does it cost as new?

Once again I ask what company makes the best hybrids?

Cheers guys, I'm already over budget just with the irons lol!

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
There is a Callaway X460 for £85 But It Now with Best Offer on. It is listed as new so probably only been hit in a shop.

Best offer: £60, what do you think?

Also considering a Ping G2 or G5. I can get them for about £60-£70. I don't know which is better though...

Is the Nike T130 Oz putter any good? What does it cost as new?

Once again I ask what company makes the best hybrids?

Cheers guys, I'm already over budget just with the irons lol!

60 isnt a bad price for the x460.

Putters are very very personal. We cant tell you which one to get, you have to go to the golf shop and demo all of them.

As for hybrids, check out Taylormade and Nickent. I dunno about the selection of Nickent in the UK though.

smokey

Smokey
Jul 7, 2006
I've got some

iV'E GOT A SET OF JAZZ 6020 IRONS (CANADIAN BRAND) THEY HAVE BEEN USED FOR 1 SEASON. (3-PW)

YOU COULS HAVE THEM FOR $275 CAN+SHIP.

PM ME IF ANY ?'S
SMOKEY

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
iV'E GOT A SET OF JAZZ 6020 IRONS (CANADIAN BRAND) THEY HAVE BEEN USED FOR 1 SEASON. (3-PW)

YOU COULS HAVE THEM FOR $275 CAN+SHIP.

PM ME IF ANY ?'S
SMOKEY

my guess is that shipping is gonna make it a terrible deal as Ross lives in the UK

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
There are a lot of OEM's that make good hybrids Taylormade, Nickent, Callaway, Adams, Bridgestone. For putters its up to you and what feels good in your hands. The one putter I would suggest to someone just getting into golf is the ping anser. The ping anser is the main stay, ping is the one who invented that design, it is the same design Tiger uses in Scotty Cameron and almost every company has copied. You can get an old beat-up ping anser for cheap and it will perform. What ever putter you decide to go with look for a 32-33 inch model for your size. I play a teardrop which is an anser style and I roll the ball great with that putter and they are pretty cheap.

OP
Ross

Ross

Mar 30, 2008
For the third time I've already bought a Ping I3 iron set (yellow dot, graphite shaft, mens, 4-SW) for £180!

Think I will be going for this X460 then!

🔥 Latest posts