• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need some car help!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So, about a week ago I get a panicked call from my wife. She was just in an accident, a lady blew thru a red light and plowed into my wife broadside. Luckily the lady hit the front end, had my wife been about 6 ft further into the intersection the lady would have hit my wife and car at the drivers side door. Thankfully, other than some aches, bruises and a concussion my wife is otherwise ok. I am amazed at just how much a concussion can mess with you, its pretty scary! The car (an '08 G6) is totaled.

So, now that things have calmed down and gotten back to normal a bit we have been half heart heartedly looking at cars. I CANNOT believe how expensive used cars have gotten! I was hoping to pick up something low miles for under $ 10k. That looks like it will be more of a challenge than I thought.

I did find a nice Buick Le Sabre, but my wife says it's an old lady car. We also looked at Hyundais and a few Kias. We are thinking mid to full size sedan.

Any thoughts guys? Any experience with Hyundais? The reviews I have read are mixed...so I don't know. Kia's seem pretty popular right now, but again they seem expensive.

Thanks!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I have had nothing but good things to say about our Hyundai Tiburon. Obviously not a mid sized sedan, but same company anyway.

The inside is surprisingly well done. I expected cheap and rattly but our Tiburon @ 100k miles rattles far less than my mother's Cobalt @ 20k miles.

I hear the Sonata's are solid vehicles as well.

Hyundai is finally starting to get over the reputation it earned early. It's building solid vehicles with a fantastic warranty these days. I have no idea how well they honor those warranty though...I never had anything for them to work on. Except the radio that ate one of my CD's. They took the car back when I showed up at the dealership and had it back to me free of charge within an hour. They removed the entire radio, replaced it with a new one out of a vehicle in the lot.

I replaced a Crank position sensor by myself @ 80k miles. Which would've been a warranty issue, however, I would've had to have it towed to the dealership(which probably would've been re-imbursed). It was a $40 part, and 1 bolt, so i just replaced it myself. Now...it took about an hour to get to...

I highly recommend newer Hyundai stuff.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
In my last trip to the states I rented a Cerato Forte, the mid-size Kia, and I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by it. Don't expect a BMW M3 performance, but I do think for the money its well worth it. Its quite comfortable too, and if I was looking for that type of car, I would go for one most probably.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
We've had two Hyundai's in the family and now a 2010 Kia Sportage. Absolutely the best, most trouble free vehicles we've ever owned. And we also own a Honda Civic. And the Buick would be a great car.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I got an 08 Lincoln MKz with 50k miles for 14k earlier this year. I LOVE IT. but who wouldn't love a fairly new luxury car...

Throughout my research, I was overwhelmed by the positive reviews and buzz that the ford fusion/ mercury Milan / mkz line was getting and continues to get. I really like the lookof the fusions. Milan's are a little less edgy looking, but they still drive great and get high scores for reliability.

I average 26+ mpg and 30+ highway in the mkz, with AC on full in the summer. It is a great family of cars based on my research and personal experience. I paid 14, but the fusions can be had much cheaper than their luxurious big brothers, and you're not sacrificing quality at all.

I'd buy another one in a HEARTBEAT. Of course, your results may vary. I highly recommend you check out some 07 and 08 fusions/Milans.

🔥 Latest posts