• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need some help deciding on a shaft...

AaA

Feb 22, 2005
Hey everyone-
I need help deciding on a shaft for my 983K. My swing speed is generally anywhere from 95-105mph, consistently. Based on this info it is my understanding that I would benefit more from a stiff flex rather than my current regular flex. I tried some driver in the shop the other day that had an Aldila NV 65 and to be honest, it felt a bit stiff to me. Then again, I did not like the Callaway driver it was attached to.

I've hit a Grafalloy ProLite (not sure if it was the 35 or 45 or regular or stiff) with a 983K on it, and I loved it. This is what inspired me to get a 983 in the first place. So I am leaning towards that, probably the 35 as it promotes a low ball flight and I have a tendency to hit it high. I'm quite sure it's my swing mechanics that promote this high ball flight. The thing is, on the Grafalloy web page, they say the 35 is for golfs stronger players, which I am not. The 45 is for an average to strong player. How much of a difference does this make? Also, I'm 5'10. What is an appropriate shaft length for me?

Anyway, I'm looking for some sound advice from you guys. I would appreciate all the help that can be provided.
Thanks all!
-AAA

🔥 Latest posts