• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need some new iron shafts

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
The DGSL S300 are TOO LIGHT! I need something that is a normal weight. I like the project x 6.0 shafts, but I'm open to anything.

I'm more of a driver slider with my irons, I don't make big divots. I've got a fast tempo, and my 150 club is usually my 8 iron.

Let me in on some shafts, I need them to be .370 tip.

Mr Happy

Oct 17, 2008
I really like my rifle flighted, they where not that expensive on ebay and lots of options.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007

These are really good shafts. Trimmed as R they play a lot like DGs but with a smoother kick, IMO. My next irons will get these trimmed as such. I built a set of XP905 Pro irons for one of my best friends trimmed to R and he has a pretty hard transition on the ball and doesn't overpower them.

Trimmed as S, they are pretty stout. Youngun5 is hitting the wood version in one of his fairway woods trimmed quite stiff and while he swings smooth, he really brings it. He gets great control out of them and I think he'll tell you they feel great.

These are really nice shafts, nice weight and smooth.

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
IMO regular flex pro whites, felt as stiff, maybe a touch smoother than S300. So, stiff flex is probably more like X100's. For the price, i'm not sure there is a better shaft if you've got the swing speed.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
IMO regular flex pro whites, felt as stiff, maybe a touch smoother than S300. So, stiff flex is probably more like X100's. For the price, i'm not sure there is a better shaft if you've got the swing speed.

Yep, I'd pretty much agree with all that.

OP
juniortodd46

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
So try them tipped as a R before? I like the way S300 feel so that should work. Now just need to find somewhere to get them installed.

I was also thinking of trying a steel shaft in my hybrid, would the iron shafts work or would I need the wood shafts?

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
So try them tipped as a R before? I like the way S300 feel so that should work. Now just need to find somewhere to get them installed.

I was also thinking of trying a steel shaft in my hybrid, would the iron shafts work or would I need the wood shafts?

I would definitely tip them as R flex than. You can always trim more if needed, but i bet you won't.

As for the hybrid shaft, if your hybrids are .370 tip=iron shafts, .335=wood shafts.

OP
juniortodd46

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
wow thanks for spamming in my thread! makes me feel soooo loved! NOT!

bryguy

May 15, 2008
I'll plug the FST's as well. I just put them in my Mizzy's and I really like them. Better ball flight than DG, and dispersion has imporved. I tipped mine to stiff, and they do not feel like they play much stiffer to flex. Both my yardages and accuracy have improved with these shafts. For $4 a shaft, they are hard to beat.

🔥 Latest posts